looking for component 6.5" (subless system)

Nevergo
10+ year member

Ridley PWNS All!
i just bought a 91 rx-7 convertible so i am looking for a set of 6.5" comp's that can play some decent lows. I am not planning on having any subs, so these will be my main source for bass.

Right now i am looking at these.

Crystal SSCS 6

Polk db6501

MB Quart QSD 216

Any advice?

you should also look at the cdt-hd6/m6 component set, the m6's have gobs and gobs of midbass.. im running them without a sub now and it still shakes all the mirrors and sounds like i have a 10 in the back

you should also look at the cdt-hd6/m6 component set, the m6's have gobs and gobs of midbass.. im running them without a sub now and it still shakes all the mirrors and sounds like i have a 10 in the back
How much are they?

I don't think i want to spend more then $350.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
If that's the case take the Polk db's off the list and add the Polk SR's. I'd take the Crystal's off the list also unless your budget is under $200. With no sub you would probably want some that can cross low maybe 50hz. There aren't that many that like being crossed that low. For $350 my list would be:

Dynaudio 240gt (probably the most $$$ in the list)

Polk SR's

Rainbow CMX's (under $350 from 6spcoupe the kick version)

Focal 165KP

CDT HD-62

ID CXS62

OZ 180CS

Pioneer TS-C720PRS

Then I'd search around and see which one's like a low crossover point and provide the low end you want.

If that's the case take the Polk db's off the list and add the Polk SR's. I'd take the Crystal's off the list also unless your budget is under $200. With no sub you would probably want some that can cross low maybe 50hz. There aren't that many that like being crossed that low. For $350 my list would be:
Dynaudio 240gt (probably the most $$$ in the list)

Polk SR's

Rainbow CMX's (under $350 from 6spcoupe the kick version)

Focal 165KP

CDT HD-62

ID CXS62

OZ 180CS

Pioneer TS-C720PRS

Then I'd search around and see which one's like a low crossover point and provide the low end you want.

The polk momos sound pretty **** good.. a hell of alot better than the db series... the db series is kinda flat and not much punch

The polk momos sound pretty **** good.. a hell of alot better than the db series... the db series is kinda flat and not much punch
I have the older Momo set. I like them better than the new set in my car. I would take any set in the others I suggested over the Momo's. I've only listened to 3 of the sets that I suggested. just giving the OP some sets to look into..The cheapest set would be the Pioneers the only reason I list those is because a few ppl deem them to be best $$$ spent on comps under $500. I remember reading that they worked crossed at 50 with little to no stress for one persons install.

Dang this is gonna be a hard to choose, good thing i have plenty of time to make up my mind. The Polk SR's are looking pretty good. i wish i could hear them in person.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.