for same price: polk sr6500 or dynaudio 240gt

meinbeast
10+ year member

philly
Recently purchased the polk sr6500's based on all the reviews and positive feedback they receive on all forums ive come across....

However they are on backorder and I was offered the Dynaudio 240gt set for the same price for the inconvenience.

What will i be giving them: 200watts rms and stock locations off-axis (dash mount firing at windshield)

What I want from them: ability to handle 200rms, solid deep midbass and detailed tweeter.....im going for SQ

Does anyone have any experience with these.... So should I wait for the Polks or "upgrade" to the dyn's?

Thanks

Everyone keeps saying Dyn's..but does anyone have any experience with this set?

Ive probably run a search on 15 different forums as well as a google search to do research and I can't find anything. (cant audition them)

Ive heard the dyn's are nice BUT have outdated technology, compared to other high end sets out there.

On the other hand the Polks have consistent positive reviews across all boards...very tough to find that on these forums.

The dynaudio set doesnt look like it performs as well as the polks, based on frequency response, on and off-axis.

It sounds like all these recommendations are based on company name/rep.

They will be installed in:

2004 Acura TSX (dash mounted tweets-offaxis..but willing to try diff placement)