looking for beefy subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobby322
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
TX
Alright, I'm getting new gear. This will be going in a single cab '04 dodge ram 1500. Previously I had the box in between the driver/passenger seat since I took out the middle seat. The box was around 5 cubes and I had some more to work with (plus behind the seats to work with). Anywyas, I'm wanting a pair of 12's or a single 15'', maybe a single 18" if it will fit. I want to throw like 3000 at the 15" and 1500 per 12". My budget is around $300+. Recommendations?

whats the most you want to spend. $300+ is such a vague range that you will get every suggestion under the sun.

huhh? Im not sure how much room ill have for a box since im in a single cab, but I still can remove the middle seat. So kinda looking for something that doesnt need LOTS of space. I can fit 5 cubes pretty ez.

I want to throw like 3000 at the 15" and 1500 per 12". My budget is around $300+. Recommendations?

cant do it. you cant get a single 15 or a couple 12's that will take that kind of power for that money. unless you mean an amp that claims that kind of power and doesnt deliver. what amps are you considering? You can get a sub that will take 2000 rms for around 400 but thats the best your gonna get in the real world. Now if you want fake inflated ratings thats different. But quality costs money to make and buy.

by the way 2000 rms is alot of heat and alot of power so imagine trying to design a coil and spider that can take that abuse day in and out. not cheap or easy.

Here is what im looking at:

Treo ssx

FI BTL

AQ Hd3

Probally want them in 15''

How would either of those sound on 2000 - 3000W in a single cab truck?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.