Looking for a TRUE sound quality sub...

spark plugs.
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i'm looking to spend around $500. it will be powered by a DLS Ultimate A6 (1200watts).

i would really prefer to keep the weight down, but it's not a major priority.

i know the IDQ will be a first recommendation, but i'm looking for something a bit louder...lemme see watcha got?

Probably one of my favorite drivers I've heard to date //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Things like Focal Utopias (used), Arc Flatlines, etc...would also be on my list.

Stereo Integrity mag is probably the best option, hard to find them right now as they are in between model changes
The SSA Icon would be my second choice
I have a SI Mag that I may sell, but I don't want nearly $500 for it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

To the OP - IDQ's get loud enough...any more and it's no longer "SQ".
ok...maybe i worded it wrong. i don't mean loud as in spl, i guess i mean as in power handling. my maxima does a really good job of isolating the interior, so i just wanna make that my lower frequencies make it to the cabin.

I think you're trying to avoid a problem that doesn't exist...power handling is one of the last things I'd concern myself with for a "true" SQ sub.
ok...i like clean and precise bass. the problem in my car is that unless it's really turned up, i can't really hear the bass at low volumes unless i leave my backseat down. i thought i could go around this problem by getting a sub i can throw more power at.

what should i do?

i'm not familiar with the mags...is the d2 designating that it's a 2 ohm dvc? or that it's the second model?

are there any real differences between the old and new model?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.