Looking for a suggestion - mid-range

Bouza
10+ year member

About 50% of my OLD system was stolen from my Civic years ago. I salvaged what I could and put it away in the attic. I've recently decided to install what I do have in my current car.

Unfortunately...

My MB Quart QM160's (bought in or around '96) came out with an imprint on one of the 6.5" mid-RANGE cones. I am guessing this speaker will never sound good at this point.

This was a component set. I still have the tweeters and crossover (black).

I am thinking about just buying a mid-bass speaker to replace the damaged speakers and using the crossover and tweeters.

Would you guys recommend doing this?

If so, would you have a mid-range speaker in mind that would match up with the MBQ's well?

Many thanks!

the problem with cdt's is that they are re-branded home speakers. they need an enclosure of sorts with the low qts. if you are installing in the doors look for a higher qts rating-- .50 or above is better. as always install is key. there are decent options out there, but with a budget of $150 those choices are slim. what are your output expectations and goals?

My days of high volume listening are few and far between at this point in my life. I am mostly concerned with a good quality speaker that will fill my space with a rich, clean, full sound.

I'll be hoping to push rears and door speakers (and yes, these will be mounted in the door) with an old amp Rockford Punch 800a4 (100w x 4). I'm guessing I'll never come close to using that much power.

I know my options are limited... what would be the best bang for my buck?

etznova nailed it..... the daytons are pretty tough to beat for the $$$. can you fit the RS180 7"?

just remembered that you can find OEM ID 6.5's great deal!

These will be going into a '95 maxima. I'm not sure... but I don't think I could fit a 7".

Never heard of Dayton. Just looked it up and they appear to be home theater speakers... you guys put these things in cars? Never would have thought to do this. Any issues with mounting these to the factory mounts?

I was totally sold on the OEM ID 6.5's. Unfortunately, I only have 2.9 inches of available depth to mount. Any other suggestions?

Would a pair of ID CX64's be recommended for this application?

A local dealer suggested Memphis Car Audio. Any thoughts on them? (as a general manufacturer)

Thanks again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.