Looking for a sub that'll work in 22litre box

Participant count
  • Participant list

EVO
10+ year member

My car is a RX7 so I have limited room in the boot. According to my measurements I can fit a 22 litre closed sub box in there. The amp I am running for the sub is an Alpine MRP-M500 (300w @ 4ohm, 500w @ 2ohm).

I was looking at Alpine Type R SWR-1022/42 and Rocford Fosgate P3d210 or 410 but I could not find the minimum required box size. What would be a good subwoofer for my application?

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately none of these products are available in Turkey. We have Cervin Vega Vmax but in 12" not 10". We have most of the other major brands though.

Well, I need a subwoofer that'll work with my Alpine MRP-M500 amp (300w @ 4ohm, 500w @ 2ohm) and will be ok to use in a 22 litre subwoofer box. I'm no expert but apparently that sub box size is on the small size and not ever sub works well in that kind of measurement.

If Alpine Type-R 10" or Rockford P3 subs work well in that setup then I'll go ahead and buy one of them, if not I need recommendation for one of the other major brands.

d-REW off-topic but can I use Alpine PXA-H100 Imprint with my setup? The installer will run an active setup with my Type-R and MRP-F600 amp. Will use 4 channels of the amp for one set of components and will use the crossover of the amp to mimic an active setup sound. It won't be perfect but he reckons it'll still be better then a passive setup. I found an Alpine Imprint for ok price so i'm wondering whether I can use it or my setup is lacking audio stuff or specs to be able to use the Imprint.

Thanks for the link, exactly what I was looking for. According to the link, both Type-R and P3 will work in a 22 litre (0.77cubic feet) box although the upper limit for RF P3 is 0.75 cubic feet. And I was worrying here the box would be rather small lol.

Anyway I think I'll go with Alpine and do an all Alpine setup. I have one question though, which of the Type-R subs (2ohm+2ohm or 4ohm+4ohm) do I need for my MRP-M500 amp @ 500w????

Alpine MRP-M500: RMS Power Rating: 4 ohms: 300 watts x 1 chan. 2 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.

Alpine Type-R SWR-1022d: Dual 2ohm voice coils (2+2) power handling: 200-500 watts RMS (250 watts per coil)

Alpine Type-R SWR-1042d: Dual 4ohm voice coils (4+4) power handling: 200-500 watts RMS (250 watts per coil)

I'll throw in Rockford Fosgate P3 specs incase anyone thinks it's better match for my amp.

Rockford Fosgate P3D410: Power Handling: Peak: 800 watts RMS: 400 watts Impedance: Dual 4 ohm

Rockford Fosgate P3D210: Power Handling: Peak: 800 watts RMS: 400 watts Impedance: Dual 2 ohm

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpine Type-R SWR-1042d: Dual 4ohm voice coils (2+2) power handling: 200-500 watts RMS (250 watts per coil)

get that amp run the coils in parallel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.