Looking for a single 10" sub. Under 800 watts

cchheett
10+ year member

Oregon
I need to buy a purchase a 10" subwoofer for my 06 Jeep Liberty. I don't want to worry about new electical stuff, so I don't want to get a new alternator etc......

I do want it to bump though. I listen to mainly rap music, but some pop stuff when my Girl is with me. Hopefully under 200 bucks also, but i can get some more money if needed. I will get the amp after i choose the sub Thanks for your time. I will build a ported box, probably from Ram-designs.

I just want the 10" to make less room, but if a 12 would be better i can do that.

Do the Dc audio subs work well with sealed? I know sealed is a whole different ballgame, but just checking out all options.

I have one of these for sale for $200: CDT QES-1220

You can pick up an Atrend small sealed prefab for cheap. I've ran a Precision Power i650.1 on it and the package sounds amazing. If you want it to bump you'll want to go with a custom ported enclosure.

If you'd rather get a new sub my recommendation on this budget is a JBL GTO 10" or 12" model. They definitely get my approval.

I need to buy a purchase a 10" subwoofer for my 06 Jeep Liberty. I don't want to worry about new electical stuff, so I don't want to get a new alternator etc......
I do want it to bump though. I listen to mainly rap music, but some pop stuff when my Girl is with me. Hopefully under 200 bucks also, but i can get some more money if needed. I will get the amp after i choose the sub Thanks for your time. I will build a ported box, probably from Ram-designs.

I just want the 10" to make less room, but if a 12 would be better i can do that.
If you're looking for a 10"-12" sub for under 200.00, look at the new GZRW 10/12D2/D4. I can send one of them to you for 125.00 shipped. They're rated for 600/800 wrms

If you need an amp, I'll hook you up there as well. We have our Titanium 800.1 or our Radioactie 600.1. Both will provide sufficient power.

Best of luck

Brandon.

In my personal experience the 10" Dayton DCS255-4 is a hell of a sub. 200RMS (But can handle more) and sounds great, especially in a bandpass, but should still do great in a ported closure.

How come the 13er is the only one who's not trying to pimp their own equipment in a tech section?

I would be more reluctant to recommend the DCS over the HO, however. I have run the Level 2 10" in two separate ported enclosures, but never got around to running it sealed. One was 1.3 cubes tuned to 32Hz, and the other 1.0 cubes tuned to 29Hz. Each had its pros and cons. For the record, the 1.0 cube enclosure was built more for efficiency and flat response.

OP, I would normally recommend the SSA DCON, but I'm not sure you're willing to wait the time necessary. Even so, the refresh that is in the works would make you more than happy sealed. You've got some great and realistic expectations in both terms of budget and power. Here's my list of recommendations for 10" subs, under $200, that should meet your expectations:

Dayton Audio RSS265HO-44 10" Reference HO DVC Subwoofer | 295-463

TC Sounds Epic 10" DVC Subwoofer | 293-656

Lethal Injection 10 Incriminator Audio 10" 1000W Lethal Injection Series - SSA STORE (a hair over budget, but a pretty solid all-arounder)

Sundown Audio SD-2 10" D4 500 Watt Dual 4 Ohm SD Series

DCON 10 Sound Solutions Audio 10" 300W DCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

X10 - Fi Car Audio Store

For Incriminator, Fi, and SSA, expect delays due to build times. Everything else, to my understanding, should be in a ready-to-ship status.

How come the 13er is the only one who's not trying to pimp their own equipment in a tech section?
I would be more reluctant to recommend the DCS over the HO, however. I have run the Level 2 10" in two separate ported enclosures, but never got around to running it sealed. One was 1.3 cubes tuned to 32Hz, and the other 1.0 cubes tuned to 29Hz. Each had its pros and cons. For the record, the 1.0 cube enclosure was built more for efficiency and flat response.

OP, I would normally recommend the SSA DCON, but I'm not sure you're willing to wait the time necessary. Even so, the refresh that is in the works would make you more than happy sealed. You've got some great and realistic expectations in both terms of budget and power. Here's my list of recommendations for 10" subs, under $200, that should meet your expectations:

Dayton Audio RSS265HO-44 10" Reference HO DVC Subwoofer | 295-463

TC Sounds Epic 10" DVC Subwoofer | 293-656

Lethal Injection 10 Incriminator Audio 10" 1000W Lethal Injection Series - SSA STORE (a hair over budget, but a pretty solid all-arounder)

Sundown Audio SD-2 10" D4 500 Watt Dual 4 Ohm SD Series

DCON 10 Sound Solutions Audio 10" 300W DCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

X10 - Fi Car Audio Store

For Incriminator, Fi, and SSA, expect delays due to build times. Everything else, to my understanding, should be in a ready-to-ship status.
Because THats the site is less help more sales sorta sad but true

Soundqubed HDS200 series 10s are 79 bucks, 12s are 85. 600 watts rms but can take more. Their HDS300 series 10s are 129 and 12s are 139. 1200 watt Rms. I'm surprised nobody recommended them before me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.