Alpine type r

Dan123196

Senior VIP Member
Boston ma
Hi guys I'm getting 2 12" alpine type r's i need to know if i should get 4ohm or 2ohm i have a RF mono amp thats like 300 watts rms i plan on getting a much more powerful amp also but I want it to be cheap so any suggestions on amps and what ohm i should get? Thanks

300wrms isn't even enough to really run one type r really.... get one sub to start with imo, or save your pennys and get a bigger amp, say 1200wrms at 1 ohm or 2 ohm is what I would prob aim at.

300wrms isn't even enough to really run one type r really.... get one sub to start with imo, or save your pennys and get a bigger amp, say 1200wrms at 1 ohm or 2 ohm is what I would prob aim at.
I plan on getting an amp thats probs like 1500 or 2000 watts i just want to know what the best ones is for the money

well get your amp first, coz that will determin if you need duel 2 or 4 ohm subs
I'm getting the subs for Christmas so I will buy the amp i need for the subs so what do you prefer 2 or 4 ohm i dont know what difference they make

a duel 2 ohm sub can be wired to either 1 or 4 ohm load to your amp, not all amps put out the same pwr at all ohms. eg.. 1200.1 kicker amp = 300wrms @ 4 ohm, 600wrms @ 2 ohm or 1200wrms at 1 ohm.

i'd suggest you do some more reaserch on amp and sub wiring and impedances befor you choose your subs.

also I prefer running my sub/s on the highest ohm I can (being that the amp can produce the pwr needed at that ohmage)lol ohmage

You'll want a set of dual 4Ω subs in order to get a 1Ω load on the amplifier and doing that will get you the most power available out of almost any quality mono amplifier.

The only benefit to running at higher impedance is increased amplifier efficiency but, the trade off for a little bit of efficiency is a halving of output. And, there is no sound quality difference between 1 & 4Ω, so long as your amp is stable at 1Ω.

As for amps, the CT Sounds 1400.1 will get you a little over 2K and the 900.1 will get you ~1200. Personally, I wouldn't run 2kW to two Type Rs.

Ive run two type r's off and MRX-240 at 4 ohm. It sounds great and does well when its in a good box. My amp never gets hot even after running hard for several hours. I did several 3-7 hour drives with the volume cranked up and my amp stayed cool and my subs are still sounding great. If you want to run more power to your subs there are better amps out there for it but two type R's with that amp are nice and the amp(at least in my experience) put out more than its rated. If its your first system alpine is a pretty solid brand to run IMO.

Amazon.com: Brand New Alpine MRX-M240 X Series D Class Mono 2400 Watt RMS Digital Car Audio Amplifier: Car Electronics

I have. 2 1222 swr 600 rms i gave them 800 lil more bc my amp is underrated they pound harder then my sundown single 15 with spl dual 1 recone ( about 1100rms) running 1300rms. **btw might consider selling the amp so if ur interested pm me for more info n pricing.**

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.