Looking for A reputable Amplifier But can't seem to Find the Specs I need... anyone?

10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Kentucky
I'm looking for an Older Memphis Amplifier (4000 Watt). But I can't seem to find one. (I found 1 but they are asking ridiculous price). Does anyone recommend a certain brand and model of amplifier that can do around 1500-2000w at 2 Ohm. I have a Single Memphis Mojo 15-Mojo15D4 (1500w RMS / 3000w Max). I can wire the Sub down to 2 Ohm. Most amplifiers need to be around 4k watts @1 ohm to be 2k Watts at 2 Ohm. Memphis doesn't make anything anymore to push their own flipping subs ;( If anyone has any suggestions on an amp that would drive this sub without working the amp to hard... please give me some recommendations. THANK YOU!

By the way this is the amp I'm wanting but cant seem to find. (It matches my Memphis Belle Amp that runs the rest of my speakers).

Taramps MD3000 2 ohm.

I'm SOOOOO Confused with the new CHEAP Amps Claiming 3000 heck even 8000 Watts for less than $200... I watch videos of these amps actually doing what is said.. BUT if they are as good as they say then why doesn't EVERYONE buy them and all the other amp makers go out of business...etc... I wish someone would explain this situation for me. (Hence I'm trying to stick with an expensive name brand company ... and really that's.. currently .. JUST BECAUSE I FEEL SAFE DOING SO .. no other reason).

I'm SOOOOO Confused with the new CHEAP Amps Claiming 3000 heck even 8000 Watts for less than $200... I watch videos of these amps actually doing what is said.. BUT if they are as good as they say then why doesn't EVERYONE buy them and all the other amp makers go out of business...etc... I wish someone would explain this situation for me. (Hence I'm trying to stick with an expensive name brand company ... and really that's.. currently .. JUST BECAUSE I FEEL SAFE DOING SO .. no other reason).

They are full bridge technology Brazilian amps. They have gotten very popular over the past few years. I've had 11 now and never had a single issue out of them. The 8k is $450 and does rated power. I don't know of any 8k that is $200. Other companies are going to full bridge. Sundown is releasing their full bridge amps soon.

Well if you’re running a single sub you can only get it down to 2ohms. Too late now but for a single sub you should have gotten a dual 2ohm voice coil. If it’s 1500RMS there are plenty of 1500-2000rms amps on the market.

You got the wrong coil configuration sub.
I have 2 Memphis Mojo D4 subs that are new in box (Yes I wish I had D2's) but these are on hand (And I don't want to spend any money on subs). I've owned these for a while. (But I have a truck and a custom console box for the 15... so here we are)

Well if you’re running a single sub you can only get it down to 2ohms. Too late now but for a single sub you should have gotten a dual 2ohm voice coil. If it’s 1500RMS there are plenty of 1500-2000rms amps on the market.
I have 2 Memphis Mojo D4 subs that are new in box (Yes I wish I had D2's) but these are on hand (And I don't want to spend any money on subs). I've owned these for a while. (But I have a truck and a custom console box for the 15... so here we are)

uhh two 2 d4 subs can be wired in parallel/parallel to 1 ohm..

Your very 1st post cleary states you have a single sub, d4 ohm. Then later you say you have 2....wtf dude which is it??

Btw, to squash the confusion, 2 d4 subs can be wired in a 1 ohm final load, I'm currently doing the same.

Your very 1st post cleary states you have a single sub, d4 ohm. Then later you say you have 2....wtf dude which is it??

Btw, to squash the confusion, 2 d4 subs can be wired in a 1 ohm final load, I'm currently doing the same.
I own 2 NEW 15 inch D4 MOJOS. I"m Placing ONE(1) D4 wired to 2 Ohm into my Truck. (Hope that clarifies the issue). I also have them both for sale so that this isn't an issue. (Fore sale on Facebook, Multiple Forums, Letgo, and other places... but no hits..) So here I am using 1 D4 Mojo Sub b/c its the cheaper route.

My full setup will be:
1. 16-MCH1300 Memphis Bell 5 Channel running my highs 4x115 watt door/dash speakers and a set of 8 inch subs under the rear seat at 1100 watts. (https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4033_Memphis-Belle-16-MCH1300.html)
2.16-MCD4KW amp running 1 Memphis Mojo 1500w/3000w at 2 Ohm Sub. (https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16687_Memphis-16-MCD4KW.html?)

Heres the Truck:
2500_1.jpg
2500_Subbox_1.jpg
2500_Subbox_2.jpg

Also, the sub enclosure shown is the basic version of what is being finished this week. Mine will not be ported, and will have usb ports, wireless phone charger pad built in to the top, 4 led cupholders, and will be for a 15 inch sub. I have all of the above equipment and more EXCEPT THE 4k watt amp. In which at 2 Ohms will run at 2k watts. I'm also in the market for a High Output Alternator and extra Battery. I believe a 320Amp Alternator should suffice... but still working the math on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.