Looking for a new head unit

AIpine

Electronics of America.
Just really looking for some suggestions on a new head unit.

I need it to be able to let me change all my speaker freq and such.

This definitely is not needed, but it'd be awesome to pick up a HU with a screen on it. One that flipped out.

My current HU doesn't allow me to do that and it's just awful not having options. (Currently have a DEH-1100MP lol. Bought it years and years ago.) Can't get my subs to sound right in my car with just about everything coming out of the speakers, haha.

Just throw me some HU's that are nice and will really let me tune all my freq's and just give me a lot more options then I already have.

Not really looking to spend over $200 unless it's really worth it.

Well, keep the tradition and go with a Pioneer 80prs. You can buy them for a little more than that from eBay at least. It's probably one of the most affordable sound quality units. As for built in sound processing, I am sure it has all the functions you could ask for and possibly more.

Just really looking for some suggestions on a new head unit. I need it to be able to let me change all my speaker freq and such.

This definitely is not needed, but it'd be awesome to pick up a HU with a screen on it. One that flipped out.

My current HU doesn't allow me to do that and it's just awful not having options. (Currently have a DEH-1100MP lol. Bought it years and years ago.) Can't get my subs to sound right in my car with just about everything coming out of the speakers, haha.

Just throw me some HU's that are nice and will really let me tune all my freq's and just give me a lot more options then I already have.

Not really looking to spend over $200 unless it's really worth it.
flip screens arent designed for good sound, its just something nice to look at, not really practical. You want something with lots of EQ bands, digital time alignment and good internal sound processing components like a 24 bit DAC(at the least)

Honestly switching over to a pioneer 80 prs is the best thing i've done for my sound system. Made the biggest sound quality change. No amount of expensive high dollar component speakers and fancy install techniques can beat a good source. Once you try it, you'll never EVER go back to a sh*tty non SQ oriented head unit ever again. Definitely worth every penny and then some.

It will be a massive leap from what you have atm. It will take a little bit of time learning how to tune if you are new at car audio, but its not rocket science either.

Car model and year?

The budget is OK,but can't get a new one with many functions. Platforms as Ebay, aliexpress can help. Or, small shops as Seicane, stereo upgrade has good stereos, too.

I think the 80prs will be great for me. Little more expensive then I thought I was going to spend, but I'm sure it's worth it. Definitely going to need some help setting everything once I get it haha. Probably will order it later unless I find something better.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Isn't there an auto setting option on the 80prs for people that don't know how to set it right?
Yep there is. I've been reading on it for a while now haha. Auto EQ.

But I'd want to learn how to set everything up myself. Definitely going to take some time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.