Looking for a new 10"

So im new here but not new to subs and such. but ive never stepped out of the Brick and mortar brands like fosgate, infinity and such im looking for a new 10" to replace my infinity 1062w thats has a cone detaching from the surround, and i temp fixed it while trying to rma but them wanting me to ship a 50 buck woofer is silly. so I decided not to.

Anyways im looking for something to hit the lows of some good rap/hiphop but also response for metal and such. looking to step away from the "leading" brands and try something new.

Thinking

E-10D4-Sundown Audio

Amazon.com: E-10D4 - Sundown Audio 10" Dual 4-Ohm E Series Subwoofer E10D4: Car Electronics

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghetto, depending on your budget and available power there are so many choices for you. It comes down to what you like, the cost of the equipment, perceived buck for the bang, warranty etc.

Sundown is known for making quality equipment and the Amazon price would be hard to beat.

If you're interested in another option, take a look at our new Radioactive 10D2/4.

GZRW 10D2

Those subs are rated for 600 watts RMS, they have a 3" copper voice coil, 25mm x max, and have a decent sensitivity rating of 87db.

So, it has more xmax than the other two and has a higher sensitivity rating as well.

If you're deciding between American bass and Sundown only, I would recommend the sundown for you.

Best of luck, hope you're able to find a woofer that meets your budget and performs the way you want.

Regards

Brandon

New DCON is going through the final stages of development and looks to be a shallow-mount design. Could be interesting.

Knowing your budget would be the first step. How much cash, space, and power are you willing to spend on this build?

What have you run/heard in the past and what did/didn't you like about it? I know when I ran my 12" Infinity Ref, it never felt like it could keep up with the pace of the music, but was otherwise a decent sub for the price.

Regardless of what you get, it's unlikely that it'll perform nearly as well in the Atrend enclosure as it will in an enclosure designed specifically for your sub/power/space requirements. What I recommend is this:

1. Look at how much space you can afford to free up

2. Look at what power you have available to give to your sub

3. NOW start looking at subwoofers to buy

Wish everyone would search this way. It's a hard lesson to learn and normally ends up in guys like me buying 18" subs that would never fit well in a sedan that's supposed to seat a wife and two little'uns along with all their crap in the back. Now I have to look at either selling off what I have or upgrading to a larger vehicle. I choose option 2.

[quote name='ghettogeddy']current power is a infinity Reference 1300a 300-Watt mono block

budget is 100-150 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Power requirements limit you a bit, but let me take a crack at it:

DCON 10 Sound Solutions Audio 10" 400W DCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE
Incriminator Audio 10 I Series 300RMS 10" Subwoofer - SSA STORE
SSA Shop - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D amplifier

Also, if you talk to @Vertex Audio ; they should still have the DC Audio Level 2 10" that I traded into them a little while back. Did just fine on 300W.

id like to stay 2ohm so a 4ohm dvc is the best fit. the infiinty does the job i want it to but id like it to be a cleaner sound. and with the temp fix i have i know it will never do.

The Ground Zero would probably be awesome, SSA DCON? Great subs. The E - series isn't bad either, but I've heard such wonderful things about the DCON and Ground Zero.
You're about a 3hr drive from our St Louis warehouse. If you make it that way, let us know, maybe we can show you some product.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.