Looking for a decent sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

rikku
10+ year member

Malta
So I have no knowledge whatsoever in car audio but I would like to buy a decent sub + amp & wiring kit from ebay so that I can build an enclosure box to hold sub & amp and take it to a pro for installation

However my budget is very low around 170EUR total (sub+amp+wires) which also includes shipping oustide the US. (was originally going to buy an Edge 12" active sub new for 150EUR & 25EUR installation but I was told I would get a better sub if I build it myself)

Ps dont mind if items are not brand new as long as they are still in good condition.

Dunno it effects the type of amp I should buy but I drive a VW Golf Mk4 1.4 and live in Malta (for shipping)

Thanks!

You're going to get a lot of suggestions. Might as well throw it out there: Sound Solutions Audio - Quality Car Audio Subwoofers I'd look at the Dcon. Does well in sealed or small ported and imo is one of the best "beginner" subs out there. All the things you posted are pretty much junk btw. That's not just my opinion. That's fact.
You said it right "beginner" sub. Apart from my complete lack of knowledge in car audio and very low budget, I just want a decent sub nothing special just to enjoy a bit of bass in my car for everyday use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.