Looking for a 5 channel amp

mathemabeat
10+ year member

Been thinking of going to a 1 amp solution. Mostly interested in SQ, but with authority. Don't need 2 bajillion watts on the sub.

I have seen a couple that would fit my needs.

Directed D2205

Kicker ZX700.5

eD Nine.5

Both the Directed and Kicker model can be found refurbed on eBay for around $200. Not sure of the going price on a used Nine.5, but I am thinking its around $300.

I really like the Directed and eD models since the sub channel is good for around 600 watts into 1 ohm. Where as the Kicker is only stable down to 2 ohms at less power.

Any other contenders in a budget 5 channel? Probably want to keep it at $300 or less.

limited help here, but i installed that kicker 5-channel in my buddy's Tige boat and it does a great job running the sub and coaxials. there is another 2-channel kicker powering the tubbies on the wakeboard tower.

we found it on circuitcity.com in their "outlet" section just by chance for $230 shipped.

If you are really tight budget wise. You could look into the infinity 5350a.

Its what I put in my car. I was originally gonna buy that kicker that you mentioned. But it was out of my budget.

You can get a 5350a for like $220.

Wooooow. I must of bought my amp at an unlucky time. I looked up the price of the Kicker ZX700.5. Its only like 10 bucks more than what I paid for my 5350a. I swear it was alot more at the time..

I looked up its dimensions, and it would of been to big anyways. haha

rockford fosgate power 1000 25 to life

lets take a look at my birth sheet (amp is severely underrated)

First off its rated (@ 1ohm)

150x4

800x1

however... lets read the sheet...

Efficiency 69.463%

Front/Rear Channel

110x4 @ 4ohm

609 total @ 2ohm (152.25 per channel)

781 total @ 1ohm (195.25 per channel)

Sub Channel

682 @ 2ohm

909 @ 1ohm

pretty beastly of a 5channel if you ask me

It is big, it does have a 250a current

But I have ZERO electrical upgrades and it handles everything with absolutly no sign of dimming and drops to 13.9v when pounding

Paid $475 shipped from Sonic-Electronix

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.