looking for 7" mids

dvrmstrng
5,000+ posts

DE
right now this is what is mounted in my doors

DA-175

*Frequency range: 35-10,000 Hz *Fs: 39 Hz *SPL: 85 dB 1W/1m *Vas: .58 cu. ft. *Qms: 3.31 *Qes: .70 *Qts: 0.58 *Xmax 4.25 mm *Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 6-15/16", Cutout Diameter: 5-5/8", Mounting Depth: 3"

.....but one side is blown out, and im thinking about selling some stuff and doing a different mid, not that i wasnt impressed just maybe looking to try something else out.

Does anyone know of a 7" mid that is as deep or shallower, as well as close to the same cutout ID?

thanks

look into the Mach5 MLI-65 (might be a bit small)

-Seas CARNX

-Max Fidelity

the Dayton RS180 didnt play well above 2500hz in my old car...dont know about DA175

yeah i cant really modify the MDF rings while im here at school....

my tweeter is a blaupunkt vc-1000...let me post up the specs, see how it matches up with the rs180...

# Frequency Response: 2500 Hz - 23000 Hz

# Sensitivity: 91 dB

and only reason i say the rs180's is because someone here is selling a pair for $75

i typed that in google and saw $599.99 somewhere on there...so odds are i will pass...

i just didnt know if it was bad to not have your two drivers overlapping as far as frequencies go especially if im running steep (24db) slopes

i typed that in google and saw $599.99 somewhere on there...so odds are i will pass...
i just didnt know if it was bad to not have your two drivers overlapping as far as frequencies go especially if im running steep (24db) slopes
Nope, it is actually suggested/ideal that you have a gap. The point at which the two slopes cross should be around -3dB... considering speakers of similar sensitivity... and you like to have no peak at the actually xover point (literally point where the two slopes cross).

I've had the daytons up to 2.5Khz... and especially @24dB/oct they'll work quite well.

Last time, with new tweeters thought I preferred my setup having them at 2kHZ with a shallower slope...

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.