Looking for 6.5's with strong bass

Get Massive Audio CK X and run at least 100watts to each side. They're known to have good strong bass, and overall they're good speakers for the money. One guy mentioned they could make the door handle rattle in a subaru, the outside door handle.
Going to be running them off the deck, and for the price of those I would just get a sub.

Going to be running them off the deck, and for the price of those I would just get a sub.
You're making it sound like these are expensive speakers. They're not! The CK6 version costs like $160-170. As for the sub, it will not fill the upper midbass frequencies as well as these can, not to mention the midrange frequencies. They won't sound great on 22watts of power, and in general most speakers will perform below of what they're capable of in that kind of power. Ideally, you should have as much bass as possible produced by a front speaker. The subs don't fill upper bass frequencies that well, and when they do the draw your sound stage into your trunk.

I would say, for now you can get an relatively high power 4-channel amplifier. One excellent budget amplifier is Precision Power P900. Keep your current front speakers, and run your front speakers on channels 1 and 2, run the subwoofer of channels 3 and 4 bridged, run the rear speakers off the Pioneer stereo's amplifier. Have some time with this system. If you still feel you need more up front bass (specially midbass), get the massive audio CK6V or CK X or similar after that. Alpines, specially those below the level of Type-Rs are not great at it. The bridged channels produce 450watts RMS for a subwoofer, plenty for most people out there, but if that's not enough you could move the subwoofer later to a dedicated mono block amplifier, and use channels 3 and 4 to power the rear speakers.

I think he needs to be a little clearer on what he wants exactly... Some people are talking bass and some are talking mid bass and mids...
He wants sub bass from 6.5s to prevent running a sub. He's chasing the impossible. He's not even willing to spend about $160 on the Massives' date=' running off HU power....I don't see this happening.

OP, the only thing I can think of is the Boston SE series speakers. They are very efficient and extend low pretty decently. Theyll run u about $70

Boston Acoustics SE60 6-3/4" component speaker system — fits 6-3/4" and 6-1/2" openings at Crutchfield.com

Your not going to get strong mid bass out of any comp set running it off the head units power
I beg to differ. I do it in my daily driver with properly installed components and tuning for now.

Im surprised nobody has said this yet, but you wont get sub bass from a 6.5" mid. If you want the low frequencies get a subwoofer. Thats what they are for.

Awww eastern slope huh... How low are you wanting to play them? Bass kinda implies below 80ish Hz
I beg to differ. I do it in my daily driver with properly installed components and tuning for now.
Im surprised nobody has said this yet' date=' but you wont get sub bass from a 6.5" mid. If you want the low frequencies get a subwoofer. Thats what they are for.[/quote']

I kinda implied it lol... Tyler I'll have to hit you up later on FB or on chat about speakers...

Look into the ML-i Mach5 if you can still find them. I had 6 in my doors and with the subs off they were putting out some good bass. However, I was running them off an amp too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.