Looking for 6.5's with strong bass

To clarify all I am looking to get back is the little amount of bass to me just lower tones that I lost when I switched away from the factory speaker. I am confused as to why the factory speakers produced better low sounds than the Alpine's I purchased.

1 alpines are not paper cones,2 the stock speakers are only made to hold maybe 10 watts ,and 3 the way they are sealed from the factory when the car is built

1 alpines are not paper cones,2 the stock speakers are only made to hold maybe 10 watts ,and 3 the way they are sealed from the factory when the car is built
What does them being or not being paper cones have to do with anything? Sorry I really don't know the difference.

My doors are sealed better than factory, and the stock speakers had pretty good lows in the door before I swapped for the Alpine's. I have the door sealed much like this

P4170067.jpg

P4170068.jpg

Also, most factory systems are x-over to sound the best in the setup they come with power wise. You go changing that and the new replacements, although better in theory are not set up to work with that setup or power. I have my avalanche with the factory bose system, and I replaced the 6.5" in the front doors thinking it would sound louder, clearer, & cleaner and I was wrong. So I took them out till I redo the system with amps, HU, ETC.

they are on sale this month only sorry .i do have 1 set ordered tho,if you want them

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

hell if you are going to finals at lake perris i'll even bring them

they are on sale this month only sorry .i do have 1 set ordered tho,if you want them 

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

hell if you are going to finals at lake perris i'll even bring them
I've got no time for that stuff. There's a good chance i'll get them, but i'll keep you posted

Also, most factory systems are x-over to sound the best in the setup they come with power wise. You go changing that and the new replacements, although better in theory are not set up to work with that setup or power. I have my avalanche with the factory bose system, and I replaced the 6.5" in the front doors thinking it would sound louder, clearer, & cleaner and I was wrong. So I took them out till I redo the system with amps, HU, ETC.
This... Stock speakers work with lower power and there bass response goes much lower. They play a much wider frequency band, but you sacrifice loud, crisp sound in order to play that many frequencies. There is no sub in a lot of stock stereos, so the door speakers must help that out. You should just throw some more power at them and add a small sub. You will have much better results. I wouldnt even run the rear speakers, unless you run some 6x9s and dedicate them for lower bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.