COMPLETED Looking for 3 True Bass 8s (TB)

Participant count
  • Participants list
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for 3 True Bass, ultra 8s in good working order or new. I have tried contacting James on his Tennessee number but haven't been able to reach him. If someone has a line on these it would be greatly appreciated.
It doesn't look like those have been manufactured in at least 10 years and I'd suspect it was a low production run when they came out. I guess you never know what someone has up in their attic or whatever so it's worth asking, but you might want to start considering other 8" sub options as a fallback.

Yeah, the builder and designer was a good friend of mine for a good while but we lost touch over the years. They're made by Dana Audio out towards Knoxville but it says temporarily closed on their Google listing and his number is going to a full voice mail.

To be honest, I don't know of any other 8 that can do the things I've done with his Ultras. I've run 3 of those strapped to 2 1501Ds and I ran 3 off the flag ship Memphis Mojo. Closest I ever came to blowing one was shearing the basket stud in half 😂🤣, that's a 3/4" stud holding the magnet. And it still played enough to finish the MECA event.

I'm hoping someone might see this an know where a couple are hiding at...

If there's another 8 with this type Performance and a 3" coil I'm all ears. Most people don't realize he used Rare Earth Magnets on those too. Which no one does because of the cost. James is a hell of a designer. He built my son a 6.5" ultra for his power wheels 😂 we crush a Memphis 15 with it at 138dB for 1 sub and a 500w Eclipse amp. Kids still could drive it as usual too 😂🤣

🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...