Looking for 15" Sub for ~3.8cubes Ported ~25Hz < 1,000watts......

5.3bowtie
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hi All,

As title states I am looking for a 15" sub to go into my newly acquired Pontiac Vibe hatchback. I already have a 15" box made from a previous install that is roughly 3.8 cubes tuned to about 25Hz so I would like to use that. Also, would like to stay at or below 1,000watts of power so as to not tax the electrical system too much. Obviously the cheaper the better as well (budget is

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the reply guys! I will research the subs named and decide which would be the best fit. If anyone else has any they would recommend or one for sale please let me know!

So......I am currently leaning towards the B2 Audio IS but the recommended ported box volume is 6 cubes and I only have ~3.8 cubes to work with BEFORE sub displacement so more like ~3.6 cubes net. Why do they recommend such a large box? Only thing I can figure is the Qts is relatively higher which would drive the box volume up correct? I like the high Qms, xmax, Sd and Vd which would hopefully lead to good output at lower frequencies.....

Edit: Also found an Adire Brahma Mk1 with PSI recone for $250. Think I can get it a bit cheaper as it has been for sale for a while. Sound like a good deal to you guys? From the research I have done it looks like the Brahma is superior to the B2 in Qts, xmax and overall Vd which leads me to believe it is capable of moving a bit more air......

Last edited by a moderator:
So......I am currently leaning towards the B2 Audio IS but the recommended ported box volume is 6 cubes and I only have ~3.8 cubes to work with BEFORE sub displacement so more like ~3.6 cubes net. Why do they recommend such a large box? Only thing I can figure is the Qts is relatively higher which would drive the box volume up correct? I like the high Qms, xmax, Sd and Vd which would hopefully lead to good output at lower frequencies.....
Edit: Also found an Adire Brahma Mk1 with PSI recone for $250. Think I can get it a bit cheaper as it has been for sale for a while. Sound like a good deal to you guys? From the research I have done it looks like the Brahma is superior to the B2 in Qts, xmax and overall Vd which leads me to believe it is capable of moving a bit more air......
it says compact ported 2.4 or so, so 3.6 cf ad should be b fine, but u can get fu 750 for less $ and they loud..

but depends some on how much power u running., if u run 1k-1500 then smaller box work well (spl box) if u running 500rms maybe go with sub that works in smaller box.. my ppi does 930rms @ 2 ohm 1162 @1.. skar vvx 15 takes 4cf ported, sundown e and and sa work in 3-4 cf, cheap too if u get bstock, cab ultra i'm sure takes 4cf or less and thats a very nice sub..

25 hz? Why so low, you sure thats right?
Pretty sure based on multiple online calculators. It is a round port though so it can be cut down if needed. I would prefer to use it as is however.....I think I had a Treo SSi or the like in it previously which had an Fs in the high 20's so the box was tuned a few below that. Been a few years since I used it though so hard to remember.

Really looking for something that will move some air at lower frequencies....

Pretty sure based on multiple online calculators. It is a round port though so it can be cut down if needed. I would prefer to use it as is however.....I think I had a Treo SSi or the like in it previously which had an Fs in the high 20's so the box was tuned a few below that. Been a few years since I used it though so hard to remember.
Really looking for something that will move some air at lower frequencies....
I'd go with this sub for low frequencies. The box recommended is home theater, in a car environment with cabin gain that will change. They like low tuning and retain musicality as well.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-um15-22-15-ultimax-dvc-subwoofer-2-ohms-per-coil--295-514

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.