Distribution block downsize

right probably don't need 2 ga for that matter.. but wires loose "power" over long distance if u have 0 ga to back of car and run 2 ga (or if u had 4ga like i do to back of car 8ga out) to the amps for 1-2ft won't loose anything at all or = maybe 1 watt lol..

Ok that's not as bad as I thought. I'm running 2 12 kicker l7s and 2500 watt soundqubed amp plus the other amp I believe is 400 polk audio

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok that's not as bad as I thought. I'm running 2 12 kicker l7s and 2500 watt soundqubed amp plus the other amp I believe is 400 polk audio
Is the soundqubed amp powered off that distribution block too, or will the 4 channel be the only amp wired to that distribution block and 0 gauge run?

In other words, do you have a separate run of wire for your sub amp?

some distros can be set up for a 1/0 in and 1/0 out (unfused) while retaining a few 4 gauge outputs. so it depends on the distro block.

you're at the power level on the edge of needing a dedicated 1/0 power AND ground run. you will get less voltage drop if you run separate runs for the sq2500 - i promise

It would be the 0 guage running to the dis block then a 4 guage running to each amp
since u have 0 ga 1/2 of that is 2 ga so u need 2 ga for the short runs or thats how i was taught to do it. if u split it use wire 1/2 the size..

since u have 0 ga 1/2 of that is 2 ga so u need 2 ga for the short runs or thats how i was taught to do it. if u split it use wire 1/2 the size..
When I ordered it from knu concepts they sent me the block fir 4 guage but I'll probably buy the other one if it works better

2 gauge is NOT half the size of zero gauge. Two runs of 2 gauge can pass more current than one run of zero gauge. 4 gauge is closer to half of zero gauge. Especially for a short run from a distribution block, 4 gauge is fine. He does not need to buy a new distribution block and wire so he can run 2 gauge. There will be zero difference.

Look up actual cross-section area and amperage capacity of different wire.

When I ordered it from knu concepts they sent me the block fir 4 guage but I'll probably buy the other one if it works better
No, the one you have is fine. don't waste your money on the other block

2 gauge is NOT half the size of zero gauge. Two runs of 2 gauge can pass more current than one run of zero gauge. 4 gauge is closer to half of zero gauge. Especially for a short run from a distribution block, 4 gauge is fine. He does not need to buy a new distribution block and wire so he can run 2 gauge. There will be zero difference.
Look up actual cross-section area and amperage capacity of different wire.

No, the one you have is fine. don't waste your money on the other block
Alright noted. I am able to run the ground off of one also correct

Alright noted. I am able to run the ground off of one also correct
run grounds to sheet metal nearby the amps. avoid grounding them to the same piece of metal if you can

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Chalo_209

Chalo_209
Kingsport tn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
adulbrich