looking at amps..Alpine?

jeffs42885
10+ year member

Experienced Noob
DFW
I'm gonna start slowly piecing my system together for my grand prix I want to get all alpine stuff with the exception of the HU (Avic D3)

has anyone here ever used their amps? Im looking at getting them from best buy cause i get a massive discount on them and im not sure if i'm keen on them. I know alpine makes good higher end amps but has anyone ever used somthing like this?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8222345&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03087&id=1166840026929

i have the alpine mrp f250 in my car and it handles inifinity kappa series just nicely if you have the extra hundred dollars go for the mrp f450 just to get the extra power and allow for lower gain settings on amp havent used the mrp-m850 but their mono block amps are great however they are rated at 14.4 volts which unless you have the big 3 and 1/0 power lead with cap you will never attain that to the amp so then their power ratings are high. I have all of that done on my car and my alpine mrp-m605 doesnt even get past 14.0 when the battery says 14.6 alpine amps are strong but wont blast the hell out of ur stuff, they are cleaner then they are loud from my experience.

I am using a f250 right now just using 2 of the channels to run my Dynaudios and it does ok. Its only 40w a side. Im also running a m450 to my 2 nak subs and it works great, just as good as any other 400w amp I have used. I have a f450 on the way and will be bridging it to run my mids and will be bridging my f250 to run my tweeters. It will be a little over kill on power but not to bad. I got these amps because they do sound good and have a small footprint and the prices on Ebay and the forums are reasonable. Hope you get a hell of a discount because BB prices are a lot higher then online prices.

Alpine makes pretty good amps but of course there's better amps out there for the price. what type of discount will you be getting? 5 finger?

I am currently running the Alpine 450-f for my type 'R' co-ax's all 4 of them and the 'type R' component crossover and tweeter off the 450-f..It is extremely clean.The source unit is the 9847 Alpine ,The sub amp is the mrd-1005 that is hooked up to 2 JL Audio 12w3-3-4 run parallel so the amp sees 2 ohms in a slot ported enclosure @1.75 cu.ft. per sub.I have just enough head room from the mrd-1005 to give my new w3's the extra push they seem to respond to with great enthusiasam.My mrd-1005 birthed at114 rms @ 2 ohms.I have had mine for about 10 months,you will be pleased with your mrd-m1000.Mine is great.O2 SENTRA out....................................

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.