Look at my uuugly first box, lol

it's not really a horrible looking box.. performance > cosmetics, IMHO.
just WAY excessive on the screws..
I know, I used alot seeing as I had a bunch of gaps that had to be kinda sqeezed together so i used alot of screws so that the pressure was distributed evenly. lol, still kinda excessive though:laugh:

I know, I used alot seeing as I had a bunch of gaps that had to be kinda sqeezed together so i used alot of screws so that the pressure was distributed evenly. lol, still kinda excessive though:laugh:
it'd probably be a good idea to mix up some wood glue + saw dust & line all your corners & **** with it.. just for an extra good seal.

unless your plan is to resin the inside or something..

it'd probably be a good idea to mix up some wood glue + saw dust & line all your corners & **** with it.. just for an extra good seal.
unless your plan is to resin the inside or something..

I have lots of glue on the inside, I went crazy with that stuff. Are you talking about the exterior seams?

no sir. interior.

i usually do that. mix wood glue w/my saw dust & it makes a nice paste. home made wood filler ftw.

no sir. interior.
i usually do that. mix wood glue w/my saw dust & it makes a nice paste. home made wood filler ftw.
I've got like 4 bucket fulls of MDF dust in mah garage. It's invaluable for two reasons: color matching woodfiller, and more importantly, spill cleanup. I dumped an entire container of minwax mahogany stain on my garage floor, and before it spread everywhere, just put a ring of dust around the spill, throw dust on the top, and just sweep it all up
fbgm.gif

I've got like 4 bucket fulls of MDF dust in mah garage. It's invaluable for two reasons: color matching woodfiller, and more importantly, spill cleanup. I dumped an entire container of minwax mahogany stain on my garage floor, and before it spread everywhere, just put a ring of dust around the spill, throw dust on the top, and just sweep it all up
fbgm.gif
edit: i'm a noob.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.