Look at my uuugly first box, lol

dakotap
10+ year member

So, today I decided to build my first enclosure. I followed the sticky to figure out size and port length and stuff. Now I kinda have had to do some sanding on some high spots for stuff to match up, but I used a jigsaw to cut the pieces, instead of the skillsaw (shoots self for this error) so I have to sand down some high spots on the port walls to get the top plate to fit properly. It's 3.6 cubes tuned to 32 hz for a single SSA ICON 15 (which I haven't ordered yet.) I know the edges are **** but honestly how bad did I do???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Not bad...It is your FIRST try so don't be too hard on yourself....You can still be proud of what you've done and I'm sure this will not be the last box you'll ever build....Practice ALWAYS makes things better!!

Thanks for the comments, I did this as more of a "can I do it?" project. I have two 10's that are rated at 200w rms that are getting replaced by this monster. I was going to have BJ Fisher build me a box, but I've got voodoofest tickets to buy, and I'm a bit tight on cash, I think total this cost me like $32 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My dad used to have a table saw around here but I think the motor burnt, and we just dont have the room for one at the moment, next time I'll def. use the skillsaw at the least. I just hope it sounds good and can hold me over for a while. I may throw some carpet on there later, after all the jagged edges are buffed out and I get the speaker in and check it out. I'm probably gonna shave some high spots and put the top on tomorrow if I have time.

nice job boss just you'll get better as you keep on building nice for a 1st one tough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

haha i'm sure just about everyone's first box was a bit embarassing. many of the panels on my first box were crooked or overhanging and cut with a jig saw and i think i used gorilla glue and about 60 screws to get it to seal up lol. but now i'm building them for money on craigslist and they have improved a LOT.

A LOT better than my first box, hell I still can't get a dead center straight cut.

The high areas are nothing a palm sander and a medium grade sandpaper can't take care of.

I can tell by how it looks and the sub your putting in it, when you hear it theres gonna be a **** grin from ear to ear or your gonna grab your ears. My first box I built (first non prefab ever)was 2.5 cubes @28 hz for a 12" immortal and Ill tell ya, at that time I had never heard so much low end bass come from one sub, Im just mad I didnt get to make one for my 15" btl, but thats ok Im getting a DD 9518g in a sec so **** should get real hectic hehe

Check out the diffrence with my before and after vid, and my btl vids too

http://www.youtube.com/user/PureSPLprix

l_0747384ba6db84fa484e2c540285cd47.jpg

l_5652d20d80fa5ec0ac754baa46e97ed1.jpg

l_b8b7737a8c9568cb773403dd63f16db5.jpg

l_116f61d08dc91edbbc4e7d33e659702d.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.