2 Atomic APX 10s install

hazardous0388
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
well i reconed the second apx 10 yesterday and decided to build the box today. i actually went and drove on the interstate to see how it sounded. the box is 4.25 cu ft after all displacements with two 4 inch aero ports. i do need to add more bracings to the top and bottom pieces though. i will be doing the added bracing tomorrow.

atomicbox2.jpg

newatomicbox.jpg

newatomicbox3.jpg

I have two braces in the box now. In the last pic it only shows one, but i have one right next to that brace going from the top to bottom.

atomicbox4.jpg

Box looks good an all but doesnt seem like enough port area.
thats what i was thinking before i built the box. i talked to jeff brown (dtbrown) on this forum about it prior to construction, and he said two full length 4 inch aero ports would do good for daily. So I tried it, and it does get really low and sounds good until I turn it up pretty loud and i hear the box flex.

thats what i was thinking before i built the box. i talked to jeff brown (dtbrown) on this forum about it prior to construction, and he said two full length 4 inch aero ports would do good for daily. So I tried it, and it does get really low and sounds good until I turn it up pretty loud and i hear the box flex.
as long as it sounds good then no worries. sweet lil subs.

u going to slamology? be cool to see a (kinda) local there besides me tommyK and Les competing
i wish i could. i install at my local CC and a competitor that took this year off, named joe who was on team soundstream, tsunami, maxxsonics, who also has helped me alot with my install, already said he was going. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif it ***** because i really wanted to go...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

not at all.....my 10's are in 4cuft
also tuned that low, of course:rolleyes:

if you understood how the sub functioned in a box that large at a higher tuning, its basically meant for 2 12"s, which would perform better.

it is quite big...but i gotta add more bracing now anyways. so that will decrease the size which i didnt want to have to do in the first place.
yeah i figured, id be taking up atleast .5-1 cube of airspace myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.