Logitech Z623 Subwoofer to car

Participant count
  • Participant list

K Tuu

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello!

I have HK Logic7 sound system in my MB W211 T, and added Z623 Sub into trunk for more bass.

Subs diagram.PNG

Aux cable connected to factory sub cable:
IMG-20230311-WA0006.jpg
It plays very good, even the rear view mirror vibrates now :D

Bypassed this:
1709284460548.png

With this:
1709284403630.png

I have two questions:
1) How i could make the sub play only bass, can hear lyrics also at the moment. Factory sub plays only bass, no higher notes. Logitech sub has Amp inside, maybe it affects it?
2) If i turn music volume down from head unit, Z623 volume stays the same, factory sub's volume goes down (HK sub box is empty inside. Nothing between below sub and Aux cable). Dual voice coil subwoofer:

IMG_20240229_174842_1.jpg
2058448196-jpg.jpg

Should i add Hi-Low converter between original cable and sub's RCA connectors?:
Z623 High-Low converter.PNG

Last edited:
If there are voices coming from the sub, then it is getting a full range signal.

I think the crossover for this computer sub is in the speaker that you bypassed. You need a line out converter (LOC) that has a dedicated sub out like the Audiocontrol LC2i.

You kind of dumping money into a losing battle, better to bypass your cars factory sub and get one of the these. From eBay EU

Last edited:
He's trying to use a PC subwoofer setup in a car. Those don't take much power to begin with and are built for PC setups not cars.
Yeah, saw that, trying to steer him away, waste of money to add a LOC that has a sub out ot one that has some sort of manual crossover.

Trying to use home of computer equipment in a car is usually a losing battle. Even if you get all of the electronics to work, the temperature extremes of being in a car can kill speakers designed for home use in a very short period of time.
I will not recommend any particular car subwoofer to you, as I don’t know what is available in your country.

I have two questions:
1) How i could make the sub play only bass, can hear lyrics also at the moment. Factory sub plays only bass, no higher notes. Logitech sub has Amp inside, maybe it affects it?
2) If i turn music volume down from head unit, Z623 volume stays the same, factory sub's volume goes down (HK sub box is empty inside. Nothing between below sub and Aux cable). Dual voice coil subwoofer:
You can add a passive x-over between the HK harness and Logic sub. Just know that an inline passive will also affect the HK sub's frequency curve. As for volume, just turn down the Logic volume to more less match the HK.
You may even add the passive x-over after the Logic amplifier. That os probably the best route.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...