LOC Tuning and DVC options ( Help )

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys

I recently got done installing a subwoofer , LOC, and amp to my stock 07 Highlander. Now thats its done, i need a bit of help.

AMP: Sony XM2002GTR 2 Channel

Subwoofer: Kicker L7 DVC

LOC: PAC 2-45V Adjustable

Lets start with the LOC:

How do i set this without a voltmeter and oscillator? From what ive gathered, the voltage on the LOC should be set to match the input sensitivity of my amp. Im seeing conflicting reports of input volts on the amp from .3v-6v and 2v-12v. Lets say it IS .3v-6v. where should i set the LOC knobs to visually? Assuming the input of the amp is .3v-6v, i would think to set LOC to about 10-15% from 0

Subwoofer:

What would be the best wiring for the L7 in MY case? Single Subwoofer DVC

1) 250rms @ 2ohm using one channel

2) 200rms @ 4ohm using one channel AND using only ONE voice coil ( other one disconnected) - I know this will half the subwoofers power ratings

3) 250rms @ 8ohm bridged

4) 500rms @ 4ohm bridged AND using only ONE voice coil ( other disconnected ) - I know this will half the subwoofers power ratings and adjust gain accordingly as 500w on one coil is too much

If you could explain why you picked your option above, thatd be nice.

Had another question also. For EXAMPLE, if i had 200w @ 4ohm, would it be as loud as 200w @ 2ohm? In my limited understanding, 200w is 200w either way and they should sound roughly the same.

Side notes : I know the Sony is way underpowered and i plan on purchasing a quality monoblock amp in a month or two ( currently moving ). Just trying to get the loudest sound i can in the meantime.

Thanks in advance guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.