LOC Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'd be more concerned about the level the LOC is putting out than what is going into it.
Tell us what kind of car (what stock stereo it has) and what all you plan on running with the LOC and it will be a lot easier to help you

I'd be more concerned about the level the LOC is putting out than what is going into it.
Tell us what kind of car (what stock stereo it has) and what all you plan on running with the LOC and it will be a lot easier to help you
Thank you for the reply! Have never used a LOC so don’t really understand the different aspects of them well. It is a 2015 focus st1 with the stock head unit (not sure what stereo that is specifically) and i’m planning on running a sundown sfb-1000D off of it wired up to a single 12 (most likely an Audiopipe TXX-BDC2-12)

First off great choice in amp.
Here is the problem, the amp does 510@4, 860@2, 1410@1
That sub is a dual 4 rated at 750 so the 860 @ 2 ohms lines but... If you have the power there why not use it.
Now all the prices I'm getting are Canadian so I'm gonna say it's somewhere between $150-200 US?
What you should look at is something that is a Dual 2 ohm so the final load will be 1 ohm and you can get the most out of the amp
Something like this, it's just an example there are several really good subs in that price range
https://www.down4soundshop.com/hannibal-hss-3212-d2-12-subwoofer-1000w-rms/

Now as for the LOC
When you have an aftermarket HU the RCA signals have power ratings.
Average HU puts out 2 volts, good ones put out 4-5 volts and really good ones are above that.
Your standard cheap LOC will only put out 1 volt if your lucky.
There are a couple ways to get around this.
Use a DSP (digital sound processor) but thats expensive.
Add a line driver, just one more thing you have to wire in
Or, get a LOC with a built in line driver.
You can get a good one for fairly cheap
The Audio Control LC2i will handle up to 400 watts input and has 9.5 volt RCA a=outs on it and it's only about $100 US
I think Dayton Audio make a good one for about the same price
The DSP-408

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...