What is the loudest records holding subwoofer\subwoofers in size.

That is correct.

Not sure about the different sizes, b/c the smaller sizes aren't really encouraged in competition seeing as most sanctioned organizations with classes of one subwoofer... allow a choice.

DD9917z w/ a pair of DD Z2's did that score I believe.

nG

Yes Alan Dante hit a 179.3 with a single DD 99z18 and 4 DD Z2 amplifiers. I've heard rumors that his car can produce the same score with only 2 of the new Stetsom 7kw amps.

What's even more amazing is that Alan was able to win the extreme deathmatch at the 2006 dB Drag world finals with his 1 woofer. He was able to defeat the Pioneer truck and Scion, and the JBL van, which all used more amps and subs than Alan.

Alan's car uses the WLV design which is an 8th order bandpass of sorts.

Here is Alan's db drag competitor stat's for the non-believers.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=19104&Season=2007&Page=5

Yes Alan Dante hit a 179.3 with a single DD 99z18 and 4 DD Z2 amplifiers. I've heard rumors that his car can produce the same score with only 2 of the new Stetsom 7kw amps.
What's even more amazing is that Alan was able to win the extreme deathmatch at the 2006 dB Drag world finals with his 1 woofer. He was able to defeat the Pioneer truck and Scion, and the JBL van, which all used more amps and subs than Alan.

Alan's car uses the WLV design which is an 8th order bandpass of sorts.

Here is Alan's db drag competitor stat's for the non-believers.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=19104&Season=2007&Page=5

Wow that is amazing. That must be some kind of incredible engineering on that box for sure...

How about doing it this way, all DB Drag scores:

Extreme 1 - Alan Dante 99z18

Extreme 2 - Kyle Witherspoon Pioneer SPL5000 15s

Extreme 3-4 - Extreme Audio Fi 18s

Extreme 5+ - Scott Owens Pioneer SPL5000 12s

Just out of curiosity, how much power do 2 or 4 DDZ2's output? I'm assuming it is at like 16 volts? Probably ran under .5 ohms? For a very short burp?

Also I'm curious, are any special precautions or modifications necessary to be able to burp single woofers with 20k, 30k+ watts, or can SPL competition subs handle that from factory?

This is kind of off-topic, but I was looking at the IA website and noticed that one of the guys that holds some type of record using their products had a setup with 24 IA 40.1s. Unless I am mistaken, that is roughly 100,000 watts. I think it said he did something like 179 or 180db. I'm just trying to get my mind around that kind of number.... how many batteries would one need just to run those amps for a few seconds?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...