LOC Converter / Amp Stays on

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nitsua94

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys in need of some advice.

I have an LOC Converter installed in the back of my Ford Focus with SYNC.

Factory Amp > LOC > Aftermarket Amp > Subwoofer

LOC. 12v constant is running to the amp power input with the power wire from the battery, the ground wire is tapped in the same to the amp, the REM wire is running from the LOC to the aftermarket amp.

Everything works and sounds great but I can’t figure out why the amp is staying on while the vehicle is off.

If I pull the REM from the amp it will turn off.

I’m not sure what my options are to fix this problem I guess that’s why I’m here.

I’ll check back often, thanks in advance.

LOC. 12v constant is running to the amp power input with the power wire from the battery, the ground wire is tapped in the same to the amp, the REM wire is running from the LOC to the aftermarket amp.

Everything works and sounds great but I can’t figure out why the amp is staying on while the vehicle is off.

I’m not sure what my options are to fix this problem I guess that’s why I’m here.

Which loc you using? And what vehicle? Yep bused a kicker loc on a friends car and didn’t even have to run a remote wire. It comes in with the power from the speaker terminal. I’ve read that people with newer cars have an issue with the same loc, not sure what the issue was but just putting that out there.

Which loc you using? And what vehicle? Yep bused a kicker loc on a friends car and didn’t even have to run a remote wire. It comes in with the power from the speaker terminal. I’ve read that people with newer cars have an issue with the same loc, not sure what the issue was but just putting that out there.

here’s a link to the LOC. I’m not sure it can be ran without the REM as the amp has no power without the wire. It’s a 2011 Ford Focus SES

Am I reading this correct, you are running a constant power wire from battery to loc?

Am I reading this correct, you are running a constant power wire from battery to loc?
I am running a power wire from the battery to the aftermarket amplifier in the back and also running the yellow 12v constant wire on the LOC to the same input on the amplifier.

I am running a power wire from the battery to the aftermarket amplifier in the back and also running the yellow 12v constant wire on the LOC to the same input on the amplifier.
The remote in your amp, is it going to the remote from the head unit? Sounds like your amp remote is running from your amp power terminal.

Best thing you can do in this situation is hook your connect your remote wire coming off the amp to a USB outlet charger or your lighter port or whatever you got in your car that will let me rephrase that... Do you have a cigarette lighter to where you can put a charger thing in there and charge your phone and when you shut your car off does your phone continue to keep charging or does it stop charging.. I also have a line out converter hooked up and what I did was I ran the remote wire from the amp right up here underneath the seats right to my cigarette lighter I disconnected it from the back and spliced into the wire that connects the cigarette lighter so when I start my car my amp comes on and then when I turn my car off the amp goes off... But there are also flying output converters out there that you don't even have to hook up a remote too so I know the pack Sun line out converter all you have to do is connect the speaker wires and that sucker will come on..

Make sure you have nothing else hooked up to the amp. Like lights or anything extra. That can fool the LOC that there is still a signal coming in which leaves it on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...