Living with alternator whine for almost a year.

i had a bad experience with a few pioneer HUs and now i ground all my RCAs to prevent noise. it has worked fine so far. i'd recommend just doing that and trying it before you buy anything else.
If RCAs werent reliable then they would have never become as prevelant as they are... that is why this is a PIONEER issue and only a pioneer issue

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

A4
I guess ill give wrapping the RCA's a try so long as it cant cause no harm, righ?
Are they using stock A4 Ground?

What year?

I drive an A4 97 and have 0 issues

I need to take off the console to get to where its grounded.
Oh I think I see what u mean. It would be difficult to undo that ground and then retest it somewhere else u mean?

Its worth a shot trying to reground the HU to the amp ground or the battery if you want to get rid of the whine.

I know just need to find the time. IIRC, i tried running a wire between the HU ground and amp ground when i was first installing but i dont remember for what reason.

I used a bandaid and it worked for me. 4 channel amp, 2 channels for the front speakers and the other 2 for the subs. If I disconnected the sub RCA's the noise went away. Sooo... Radio Shack ground isolator for 17 bucks. I wouldn't do it for the front channels, but I notice no difference with the subs (other than needing more gain there).

I tried everything else and nothing worked. **** Pioneer...

Yea, i think im just gonna **** it up and use an ground isolator for now and maybe take it to a shop if i ever have the money for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.