Little room build because the BMW is totaled. *PICS* of car.

Jaredturp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PA
I started this build a few days ago.. I bought some DD coax's from Louisiana_CRX and the next day my mom drives my car and totals it. Going to take those pictures in a minute. Seeing as I had no place for the speakers and my room is stereoless... I decided to build some towers.

Here one of the two stands (Nothing is painted or primed yet)

P2280094.jpg

this is the underside of the stand... I routed a line for the speaker wire.

P2280095.jpg

Here is the enclosure that I will mount on top of each stand. It's 8" PVC with .75" caps on each end. Not MDF because I'm broke right this sec, but it's decent wood. I know PVC was a bad call sound quality wise, but after cutting 7 .5" MDF rings and realizing I was only 1/8 of the way done I just called it quits. I'm looking for a way to deaden the PVC as I'm confident there will be plenty of resonance. Suggestions?
P2280091.jpg
P2280093.jpg
P2280092.jpg
P2280096.jpg
Comments? Constructive criticism is always appreciated..

Here is the car. I drive it for a year and a half and never put a scratch on it.. Mom borrows it for a day and she totals it.. Hmmmm?

P2280099.jpg

P2280098.jpg

P2280097.jpg

I think I'm going to buy this to get me by until I can afford a nicer car. Wall with 4 12" RE MTs sound good??

chevy_sprint_turbo_red_1988_d.jpg

She at fault?
Ouch bro

EDIT: Got another RE sub just like that one?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I will in about a week when David finishes it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But not for sale..

I'm not sure it's totaled, but it's going to be DAMMMN expensive to fix that. It tore a ton of **** up and the hood is dented filthy. She is at fault 100% and we stopped paying for full coverage about a month ago so we get $00.00 for repairing it.

Luckily I had taken out my amp and subs a day before so none of that was damaged. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wont be totalled, you could fix that with aftermarket hood/lights/bumper/fender for under a grand, another $500 to paint both. Or take some time and find pieces that are the same color

The radiator is torn off as well as the shocks and other stuff.. I'm not at all sure what I'm saying, but there is a shitton of bent metal under there. I love that car so totaled is not an option. I'll fix it if it's worth more than a new one no doubt.

The radiator is torn off as well as the shocks and other stuff.. I'm not at all sure what I'm saying, but there is a shitton of bent metal under there. I love that car so totaled is not an option. I'll fix it if it's worth more than a new one no doubt.
The radiator could still be good it just got disconnected by the looks of it so check that. It didnt go deep enough to get into your suspension. I doubt itll take you more than 1 weekend of work to fix it all and a few weekends overall since you will likely need to order parts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.