little issue putting 4 sets of comps up front

Audio Master
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
if i run a new amp itsa steg of course an msk 50sc a new one ( im selling the otherone as im redoing the whole car for show) will do about 1200wrms at 2ohm mono its about 800 900 at 2ohm x2 i thinkin mono the comps are AD600r and they are about 90ishwrms each peak at about 150 160 if i daisy chain all 4 sets together then run them to the 2 channel msk will it work?

what will it do?

will the ohmmage be cool or what or am i gonna have to get a external line driver(ahh crossover thing in america) they will all be passive running ther tweets and xovers they came with but i dont think i have to run like 4 2channels to run them all do i

p.s. I may sell it but im nnot an installer this is a serious ? so HELP:crying:

You can run 100 speakers off one amp as long as the impedance is correct. The amp has no clue how many speakers are out there, only the impedance.

So you're talking about running 4 sets of 4 ohm comps off a single 2-channel amp? So 4 passives on the L channel and 4 passives on the R channel... You could run it at 1 ohm stereo, 4 ohm stereo, or 16 ohm stereo.

If you're talking about running a bridged stereo amp for each side, you're still talking about 1, 4, or 16 ohms, but it would be (dual) bridged mono.

So unless those amps are 1 ohm stereo or mono stable, then no, you can't run 4 comp sets off 1 amp.

OK, this page shows me the specs:

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Steg_MSK_50_SC/

So if that's the one you're talking about, then it appears to be stable to extremely low impedances.

So you could run 4 comp sets off one amp, and you'd end up with about 50W RMS per comp set per side in stereo, and about 187.5W per set per side with 2 bridged amps.

This is all at 1 ohm

sweet so thats what i will do then just checking the possibility of it im only running the 1 amp but 2 sound better im also running a msk 1500 and a couple of msk3000 so by the looks of things ill have to run 1 amp for the rears 2 sets of the same 2amps for the front 4 sets and the 3000s for me subs loverly now all i need to do is get stiffer stronger spings so i drag arse on the ground from all the bloody batteries and find someone in oz to do z couple of new alts for me a driver and a spler140amp and 250-300amp for the sound

trdoc got it and answered what i need t know so thanks m8 to the rest put more effort into heling insted of bagging and you migh enjoy life more but it doent bother me L8tr peeps
Okay Audio Master. Whatever you say. You are the Audio Master after all.

You'll probably get 500 watts x2 at 4 ohms with that amp.

If you have 4 sets of components...

Then on each side you should have 2 crossovers in series and 2 more crossovers in series, then put those sets in parallel with eachother. Now hook up all the woofers and tweeters to the xovers. You will get about 125 watts per set.

ta for the help ppl its all sorted just waiting for my subs so i can finnish fabrication for the final time.

Then whalla of to paint and mods, ill post pics to see what evryone thinks

I do what i can with the typping, i just cant do it,

can you mix house paint by eye with tinters or tattoo, well i can so if you cant then your bad see what i mean about it not being that important im trying but I CANT TYPE we have established this ages ago move on im still learning to do this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.