Line output converter to 6x9's?

Umm, you wanna take a speaker output, change it with ur line out converter, then use it for some speakers? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I don't see why not. When I had my 2007 Accord, the "professional" installer wired the LOC off of my rear 6x9s for the subwoofer amp and sub that he put in the trunk. That was the last time I ever used a "professional" installer because he pulled a fuse while the car was running and it required a trip to the dealership to reset the error codes because leaving the battery disconnected over night didn't work. He also put my car in limp mode by pulling that wrong fuse...

I want to hook the converter up to the 6x9 wires in the trunk, instead of behind the deck. To hook up to my amp for a sub.
I've done this in my old car and it works perfectly fine. Use splice connectors like these so you don't need to cut the factory wire. Just make sure you set your input gains correctly and you will be A-OK //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I've done this in my old car and it works perfectly fine. Use splice connectors like these so you don't need to cut the factory wire. Just make sure you set your input gains correctly and you will be A-OK //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

my dad has some of those he was just showing me.

Im glad this will work, it will save me a lot of time

Any one think it is a bad idea?

my dad has some of those he was just showing me.

Im glad this will work, it will save me a lot of time

Any one think it is a bad idea?
Quit talking and do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If your car has a power antenna, splice it to that wire (usually blue with white stripe, consult your wiring diagrams). If not, then splice it into your 12V+ ignition wire.
The power antenna thing is not always a good idea because sometimes it is only active when the radio is on, depending on the vehicle. On some factory vehicles the power antenna output is not active when on CD, Cassette, Aux, XM, etc.

i did it, and during times when there was a silent section of a disc and their was a hard bump or a door was shut while the amp was on, it caused it to feedback through the LOC, as the speakers were acting like microphones in a sense. Thats rare, but i have heard of it happening to other people.

i did it, and during times when there was a silent section of a disc and their was a hard bump or a door was shut while the amp was on, it caused it to feedback through the LOC, as the speakers were acting like microphones in a sense. Thats rare, but i have heard of it happening to other people.
Yesh that happened in my old car I always wondered what caused that. It was kinda cool though, like having your own sound effects when the door was closed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The power antenna thing is not always a good idea because sometimes it is only active when the radio is on, depending on the vehicle. On some factory vehicles the power antenna output is not active when on CD, Cassette, Aux, XM, etc.
In that case, 12V+ ignition JTBS

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.