line out converter or aftermarket deck?

So the lc2i would be much better then the Navone Engineering Inc. » N-RHL2 2 Channel, 50 Watt per channel, Line Output ConverterPosted above? I've seen the lc2i before it's kinda chunky to hide behind th3 deck and it had the adjustments that I would wanna be able to access? Bit of an eye sore no? Haha also, I just read it's 400w r ms but I'm going much bigger then that, does that matter? I'll be somewhere between 1200 and 2500 w depending how I wire my subs
The 400w is the for input not the output.

The LC2i can handle up to 400 watts going into the LOC is what it's saying. If you have an amplifier already installed, make sure the line going into the LC2i is from the back of the stereo instead of from the amplifier as that will be too much wattage for the LOC to handle.

PITA.Ripp it all out and go aftermarket..be much happier unless you dont think you will be keeping the vehicle for a long period of time..My 2cents

The LC7i is for 6 channels (4 channel stereo amplifier and a 2 channel sub amplifier). This would be used for a complete factory stereo system upgrade by installing new door speakers and subs. There are the other ones such as LC6i (4 channel) and the LC2i (two channel, subs only). Pick the one you need and go with it, you can't go wrong by using these over the other cheap LOC's.

The LC7i is for 6 channels (4 channel stereo amplifier and a 2 channel sub amplifier). This would be used for a complete factory stereo system upgrade by installing new door speakers and subs. There are the other ones such as LC6i (4 channel) and the LC2i (two channel, subs only). Pick the one you need and go with it, you can't go wrong by using these over the other cheap LOC's.
Ill agree with this 100%.Excellent advice sir

An LOC is still a great choice as a long term option, because most factory decks these days are just as good or better than some aftermarket decks. I like the LOC's because they get rid of the base fade, filters and boosts the signal to the amplifiers. LOC's are excellent long term options, I use one in my car with 2 amps and 6 speakers and everything works awesome.

Go with the lc2i ...dash kits for newer cars are cheap and can be tricky to install. I have the Lc2i in my 2011 Ford Fusion Im running high end American Bass equipment there not just for noobs with a simple setup. The Lc2i are proven units and on most setups will perform as well or better than a aftermarket head unit rreason being most decks are a 2volt maybe 4 volt line out but the lc2i puts out up to 9.5v mine does about 8. If your factory head unit doesn't cut the bass out at high volume keep the accubass off and just use the bass gain the accubass is just bassboost and if you dont need it to boost your bass back in dont touch it! Trust me I set mine according to Audiocontrols instructions useing the maximize light and the signal is loud and clear my amp gain is at 50% but will be much lower depending on if you have a usb or aux and the quality of the downloads and strength. Get this with the gain knob for the lc2i not the bass boost knob for your amp dont use bass boost! The gain knob for the lc2i actually allows you to increase the strength of the rca gain just like a sub channel on a aftermarket deck ...if installed properly you wont be disappointed

My last two installs used the stock HU.

I've had no LOC issues at all, even with a 4 ch scosche you can get for $20 at walmart.

Unless the stock HU is a total POS I'd use it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.