Line driver

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sharpee64

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys my setup is: samsung tab in dash as my headunit, connected to a simulcharge adapter that keeps it charged and allows the tablet to operate in OTG mode. Im using a audioquest dragonfly black (1.2v) 24bit dac as the source. From the dac its currently going to a JL cl-rlc remote level control as my volume knob and from there to my pioneer 5 channel amp.
I want to run a line driver to boost the output
Hi guys my setup is: samsung tab in dash as my headunit, connected to a simulcharge adapter that keeps it charged and allows the tablet to operate in OTG mode. Im using a audioquest dragonfly black (1.2v) 24bit dac as the source. From the dac its currently going to a JL cl-rlc remote level control as my volume knob and from there to my pioneer 5 channel amp.

I want to run a line driver to boost the output voltage from the dac to get a cleaner signal to the amp and still use the Jl remote level control as my volume. With the rlc turned all the way up im still only getting 1.3v output with dmm/scope and a 1000hz sine wave tone? Do i put the line driver before or after the volume control? And how to i go about setting the gains?

Try both and see whats the best. When your speakers get pretty harsh is when you want to chill on the gains and check for heat and smells then push it slowly and fully recognize the limits of your system

I've got an 03 GMC Denali with Factory Bose sound system. Do I have to have the gmc interface for all the speakers and factory amp to work?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.