LIL help with headunits??

Colin
10+ year member

Jersey
I was trying to get a Pioneer 800PRS, but no luck everywhere is sold out and they are discontinued; BOOOO!

I was wondering what head units out there are as good or better then the 800PRS??

My list so far is;

Alpine CDA-9887, Eclipse CD5030, Blaupunkt Bremen MP78, or Kenwood DC-X993.

I'm looking for SQ as my number one.

i love that kenwood. I had the 5030, and it's also a great unit, but the build quality (atleast of the face) was a little chinsy imo.

I'm pretty sure the 800PRS is not discontinued. It's still on Pioneer's website and on plenty of other websites for sale. The only place I see it as being unavailable is Amazon. I got mine from 6ave.com, an authorized dealer for Pioneer, for a steal.

Alpine 9887 or the kenwood! If it were me I would get the alpine though. I think it has a warmer, smoother sound over the kenwood and the controls are alot easier, especially when driving.

Just an update,

I went with the eclipse 5030, it had the best pre-amp outputs out of all of them, and the reviews on the SQ are amazing. If it's not so good i'll send it back.

As for the 800PRS, according to pioneer who put out an official statement that the premier line is being taken away and the new models are not out yet. I called 6Ave, online car stereo, amazon, sonic electronix, etc, they are all out, some of the places just don't say out of stock, I had an order with online car stereo for 2 weeks and nothing happened, they got no shipment.

I'll post build pictures and an update of how the car is going along...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hmmm...interesting on the 800PRS. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this HU. Wonder if I should aggresively try to find one or hold off and hope that it's replacement is not just another downgraded asian pieced over-hyped under-performing letdown?

I stand corrected. Pioneer wants to have a unified brand name. I wonder if this is going to carry over to their home theater Elite line as well. They have already done this elsewhere. In Europe, even their very top equipment, like the P88RS is Pioneer, not Premier.

Update,

finished the car, sounds SICK, the Eclipse CD5030 is amazing. I'll post build pictures soon. Re-wired the car with Rockford-Fosgate 16gauge wire put some RF speakers in the back doors to match the front ones, all I can say is wow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thx for the help all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.