Lightning Audio? *Brace for Backlash*

It is an older Jensen and it has Low Pass Inputs so I can go from the Head to the Amp for the subs and go high input on the other channel. The amp is designed as a 4 x 100 w amp but input wise it's 2 sets of LR. So I can take the "left" half of the amp and go in the low input with an RCA, and I appear to be able to go into the "right" half of the amp with the high input to drive my rear speakers so I can set gains for them individually. Jensen A432 is the model. It's just so much fun to goof with all this stuff even before I can hook this up in the car. I need to go get some more wire to run to the battery. I don't have anything thick for that application. The Battery charger has an amp meter on it though and this thing is gonna draw some amps it seems... o_O It goes to the max of 8amps when the subwoofer hits. If I set it 100 for the sub and then 200 for the speakers I should be drawing something like 300 / 12 so 25 amps when they both hit correct? I am definately predicting my Corolla to be funky after this. My Headlights, Dome lights and Dash lights ALREADY dim from the 2 rear speakers... So I'm gonna have like Strobing Headlights with this in there. Possibly just being restricted to music in the daylight lol... It probably has like a 20 amp alternator. It's a 92 Corolla DX Sedan.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.