MB Quart premium subs, anyone heard them??

hmmmm at right at 100 bucks for a 12 and $125 for a 15 I doubt you will find much cheaper..LOL I just want peoples opinions on them for the price I would look at snagging a couple and seeing what is up. But I dont want to waste my money with no knowledge of the product...So have you ever heard them?

im sure theres better for cheaper

And that comes without knowing:

1. what he wants out of his setup

2. how much the Mb quarts are

3. how much power he has

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

And that comes without knowing:1. what he wants out of his setup

2. how much the Mb quarts are

3. how much power he has

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Yeah I noticed his exceptionally educated response LOL...I guess I could fill you guys in some.. My setup will be SQL leaning more on the SQ more then likely sealed.. ALthough with my Memphis ST1500D on whatever I get the L will come into play I am sure LOL....My fron stage is a set of CDT audio HD62 CF's running off a US acoustics 2100 (100wrms x2 @ 4 ohms) I have a 2000 Jeep Grand cherokee I am leaning pretty heavily towards a SS RL-p 15 or I may shell out for a XXX 15 who knows. Just saw these subs on ebay and was curious about them. For the price if the are sweet I will buy them try them and write a review or something...

I have a set of 12s and 15s. I haven't plugged in the 15s but the 12s are certainly more oriented on SQ and they have no problems getting loud. I haven't tried them in a ported app yet but sealed they hit very well and go fairly low. I would recommend them to anyone that like the way most JL subs sound.. ( I hate the W7 never sounded good in any enclosure I have seen them in)

Mike

I have a PWE 352 15" that I'm using in a 3.0 cu ft sealed enclosure for my home theater. I only use it to pick up the lowest frequencies, where my dual Polk subwoofer can't quite reach, so it's not doing much. But I have experimented with it as the sole subwoofer for the system, with a wider range, and it is actually quite nice. If I had a slightly more powerful amplifier pushing the driver, I would probably remove the Polk sub and let the Quart take over the low range for my HT. In the HT application, I'm getting very pleasing results.

I also tossed that big box in my truck, just for fun, on 400 W. It definitely gets loud if you want it to. It's best at sound quality though. But even that is "iffy" in the car.

A buddy of mine has a pair of PWE 10"s and a PWE 15" in proper sealed enclosures in the car. I've listened to just the 10"s and just the 15" and all playing together. The 10"s and the 15" are "peaky" (in different frequency spots, due to the resonant frequency difference from the 10" to 15"). In his car it's almost annoying. Listening to a bass frequency sweep is not unlike riding a roller coaster (up and down, up and down) throughout the spectrum. For music, though, what they do play sounds well. They're actually better sounding for music than a lot of decent-good subs I've heard. They faithfully and accurately play complex music, even with multiple layers of "action" going on. They're probably not great woofers for the "boom boom car".

There wouldn't be a good way to give them an overall ranking. Some things are great about them, while others are still up in the air. For the price, they're excellent!

Jesus the things are like 200 a pair on ebay (for 12's). I was thinking about getting 2 of the new mags, but I think 4 of these would suffice just as much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Jesus the things are like 200 a pair on ebay (for 12's). I was thinking about getting 2 of the new mags, but I think 4 of these would suffice just as much //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
a pair of MAG's will kill a pair of these in SPL, the MB Quart should be a very nice sub, but the new MAG is one excellent SQ sub that can get loud, I have tested it myself and was very happy

a pair of MAG's will kill a pair of these in SPL, the MB Quart should be a very nice sub, but the new MAG is one excellent SQ sub that can get loud, I have tested it myself and was very happy
2 mags wouldnt kill the quarts if there were 4 of them like heatseeker said.

link to Crutchfield

» 15" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils

» treated paper cone with polypropylene dustcap and inverted Santoprene surround

» cast-alloy basket

» power handling: 800 RMS watts (400 watts per voice coil)

» frequency range: 16-300 Hz

» sensitivity: 90 dB

» mounting depth: 7-5/16"

» sealed box volume: 1.50 cu. ft.

» warranty: 3 years

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.