Light on amp is suddenly dim, and subs are not firing.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ofleming70

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, this is my first post, Im not really sure how to use this forum. I’m running a CT.1000.1 Amp, and all of a sudden the blue power light has dimmed drastically. I.e. it used to be able to be seen from the drivers seat, now I have to hold a hand around it to see that it’s glowing. I checked all my wires, and their connections are solid and my ground is bolted to a piece on the frame, and my fuse is not blown, so I was wondering if anyone could help, like if theres something else to check or something like that. Thanks! (I don’t know much about audio or electricity and i’m just learning as i go so any help is appreciated :) )

When you say your fuse is not blown, are you referring to your power cable fuse? Does your Amp have any fuses in the side of the amp?
Check the fuse holder for your power supply, under the hood. Sometimes the cable comes loose or corroded.

When you say your fuse is not blown, are you referring to your power cable fuse? Does your Amp have any fuses in the side of the amp?
Check the fuse holder for your power supply, under the hood. Sometimes the cable comes loose or corroded.
Yes, I was referring to the fuse that is wired to the battery in the engine compartment. The cables were still bolted in tight, and the fuse holder was in place. The actual fuse still looked good and connected, and not blown. There are no fuses in the side of the amp from what I can see. I don't want to open it up.

I checked the voltage at the connections with a multimeter, I was getting 0.15V of AC Current? I was playing a 40Hz test tone at around 2/3 of the max volume.
What I meant is check the dc voltage going into the amp. If it is getting good voltage, then connect an 3.5mm to rca cable from your phone to the amp, and play music. If output is still low, check the resistance (ohms) of your subs. If they are ok, then a blown amp is the logical conclusion. All this is assuming your ground is solid, which you already double checked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.