LG V10 VS LG V20 which have better audio for my car audio needs?

you really dont know how to setup your system if you think aux is better than USB and bluetooth.
Aux is the lowest quality of them all. beyond garbage even with the v20's DAC.

Digital signal is always better than analog signal

I would focus on clean files along with properly tuning your setup rather than worrying about what phone to get. Use spotify premium or tidal. Then actually tune your time alignment and build an EQ curve using usb/bluetooth.

Its like you worrying about what socks to wear going to a banquet when your suit is the more important thing...
the DAC in most phones can play 24 bit 192. lol

the DAC in most phones can play 24 bit 192. lol
again its software based. They tie in tiny microprocessors onto the snapdragon processor, they dont actually have a dedicated DAC hardware wise even tho they "claim" they do its just micro processors more than an actual dac but they give it fancy names like "apple's wolfsen" "htc's qualcom" "zte's akm" but most of them are undisclosed. Thats why even with my LG v10 I had huge sound quality gains using my Schiit dedicated portable DAC over the V10's so called "32 bit" dac and the schiit dac is just a dac, not a head phone amp either.

You just dont bring headphone logic into car audio which is what this guy is trying to do. stuck in the analogue world.

I had the V10 when it came out, then I got the V20 when that came out and is what I'm currently using. As far as sound quality, I thought they were both about the same (I have decent headphones, not the best. Sony MDR-Z7). But I will say the V20 is just an all around better phone.

Oh, and to the guy who is saying the LG V series doesn't have a "real" DAC. I'd suggest you do some research before you claim stuff like that. The V20 has an ESS ES9218 which is similar to what's in many desktop and USB DACs. Check out Head-Fi and you'll see most of those guys don't use external DACs with the V20. I'm pretty sure the ESS DAC in the V10/V20 is much better than what you'd find in most HU's, so you probably do get better sound quality using analog AUX in from your phone instead of USB

I had the V10 when it came out, then I got the V20 when that came out and is what I'm currently using. As far as sound quality, I thought they were both about the same (I have decent headphones, not the best. Sony MDR-Z7). But I will say the V20 is just an all around better phone.
Oh, and to the guy who is saying the LG V series doesn't have a "real" DAC. I'd suggest you do some research before you claim stuff like that. The V20 has an ESS ES9218 which is similar to what's in many desktop and USB DACs. Check out Head-Fi and you'll see most of those guys don't use external DACs with the V20. I'm pretty sure the ESS DAC in the V10/V20 is much better than what you'd find in most HU's, so you probably do get better sound quality using analog AUX in from your phone instead of USB
I had the v10 to my 80 prs with aux. the 80 prs is hands down way superior in every way when you use a digital signal like usb or bluetooth. Again this is headphone logic and it doesnt belong in car audio. Digital signal is always superior in the car audio world. It might work if you have a sh*tty sub 120 dollar head unit with 16 bit DACs but when you go against a real head unit its no contest. v10 was in every way inferior to the 80 prs processing.

Headphone logic has nothing to do with it. Your speakers/amps in the car are analog so which ever DAC will convert the 1's & 0's better is the one to use. I don't doubt you liked the sound out of the 80prs DAC better than the V10, but most head units aren't up to the caliber of the 80prs. All I'm saying is the DAC in the V10/V20 is miles ahead of most standard phones that use the Snapdragon processor for audio.

Headphone logic has nothing to do with it. Your speakers/amps in the car are analog so which ever DAC will convert the 1's & 0's better is the one to use. I don't doubt you liked the sound out of the 80prs DAC better than the V10, but most head units aren't up to the caliber of the 80prs. All I'm saying is the DAC in the V10/V20 is miles ahead of most standard phones that use the Snapdragon processor for audio.
that is true for in phone sound, it beats out every samsung, iphone, nexus and htc i've tested headphones wise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.