LG V10 VS LG V20 which have better audio for my car audio needs?

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
hello i do plan to get v10 or v20 i still dont know if quad dacs on v20 really worth it will i notice the difference when i am listening via aux 3.5mm audio cable in my car is it really noticeble difference please advice? I will use phone with sony xb100bt head unit with 400w amplifier.

I would go with the V20, for the fact that the V20 is just a much better phone all around. Also, bluetooth audio may end up sounding better than the aux cable. You will just have to give both a whirl. I know they also make something like a JBL MS2 which is a small DSP you can run through aux that should help heighten the sound for you.

I have been using the usb out of the V10 and its pretty good. Curious to upgrade to the V20 and see if there's an audible difference. To me it seems like the signal is cleaner through usb than the 3.5 jack. Could be my imagination though.

I still want to know which one shouldi chooise v10 or v20

i will use primary phone for music only via AUX i dont like usb because DACs wont be able to do their job,

is there anny noticable difference between v10 and v20 in audio via aux because i really cant get two phones to test them ?

I have jbl ms 2 i dont use it for years because my headunit is good now...

also, i use it for long journeys only.

i dont like blue tooth audio its crap for me.

Right now i use iphone se but if i keep my aux sensitivity on my head unit sony, unit low and iphone is maxed i must turn my headunit till max so i can hear sound....... too bad iphone se cant provide good aux signal louder i mean....... thats why i must upgrade!

I still want to know which one shouldi chooise v10 or v20i will use primary phone for music only via AUX i dont like usb because DACs wont be able to do their job,

is there anny noticable difference between v10 and v20 in audio via aux because i really cant get two phones to test them ?

Right now i use iphone se but if i keep my aux sensitivity on my head unit sony, unit low and iphone is maxed i must turn my headunit till max so i can hear sound....... too bad iphone se cant provide good aux signal louder i mean....... thats why i must upgrade!
We have already said the V20 is the better phone of the 2.

If you use usb, the data bypasses the dac and amp on the phone and gets processed by the deck. With a quality unit would this really be an issue as you will be limited by the deck anyways?

Edit: at least that's how it works on my old deck and source selector. I can't imagine it's too different now since I plugged my phone into an adapter to a printer cable and got music in my car. Type b 2.0 to type a to type b.

We have already said the V20 is the better phone of the 2.
hi will i be able to listen hear the difference,

i will give u an example

between my iphone se and v10 difference is probably huge because of dac but betweeen v10 and v20

i am not sure if difference is really that big,

also v20 it cost 2 times more than v10 right now. So.

is it really that good in audio with that 4 dacs , i read over i-net that if u attach it to specific headphones of jack most of the time he uses only 1 dac so ?!

if the input is matched on any of those devices you wont hear a difference between any of them. don't believe snakeoil salesmen

hi will i be able to listen hear the difference,i will give u an example

between my iphone se and v10 difference is probably huge because of dac but betweeen v10 and v20

i am not sure if difference is really that big,

also v20 it cost 2 times more than v10 right now. So.

is it really that good in audio with that 4 dacs , i read over i-net that if u attach it to specific headphones of jack most of the time he uses only 1 dac so ?!
Its completely subjective. I cant tell you what will sound better to your ears.

I still want to know which one shouldi chooise v10 or v20i will use primary phone for music only via AUX i dont like usb because DACs wont be able to do their job,

you really dont know how to setup your system if you think aux is better than USB and bluetooth.

Aux is the lowest quality of them all. beyond garbage even with the v20's DAC.

Digital signal is always better than analog signal

I would focus on clean files along with properly tuning your setup rather than worrying about what phone to get. Use spotify premium or tidal. Then actually tune your time alignment and build an EQ curve using usb/bluetooth.

Its like you worrying about what socks to wear going to a banquet when your suit is the more important thing...

you really dont know how to setup your system if you think aux is better than USB and bluetooth.
Aux is the lowest quality of them all. beyond garbage even with the v20's DAC.

Digital signal is always better than analog signal

I would focus on clean files along with properly tuning your setup rather than worrying about what phone to get. Use spotify premium or tidal. Then actually tune your time alignment and build an EQ curve using usb/bluetooth.

Its like you worrying about what socks to wear going to a banquet when your suit is the more important thing...

First let me explain something i use only

320kbps

audio files or flac.

so u dont know how my audio is even provided i dont like online streaming services which are crap, i leave them for Americans or Canadians i live in Europe i preffer offline listening to music with higher quality from whatever tidal or sportify or itunes can offer u.

First let me explain something i use only320kbps

audio files or flac.

so u dont know how my audio is even provided i dont like online streaming services which are crap, i leave them for Americans or Canadians i live in Europe i preffer offline listening to music with higher quality from whatever tidal or sportify or itunes can offer u.
Fuck europe than.

First let me explain something i use only320kbps

audio files or flac.

wrong and wrong again. Bluetooth on spotify premium sounds the same as ripped 320kbps files or flac in my setup. You just have no idea how to properly tune. Aux is the absolute worst degradation in signal due to it being analogue and you have to use the phone's inherent DAC vs the head unit's quality burr brown DAC. USB and bluetooth is digital. With the old bluetooth 2.1 its pretty garbage sound quality yes. However with phones that have bluetooth 4.1 or 5.0 there's no loss in data, you can get digital flac quality transmission easily with newer phones.

Whats a better DAC a fking tiny little phone dac thats mainly software based off your snapdragon processor or a an actual big dedicated quality dac from the head unit? You really have no clue. Absolutely zero. Bet you never even been in a competition sound quality car ever and you talk like you know a lot. Again, focus more on a proper tune, install, deadening, acoustical treatments, EQ, speaker/tweeter positioning, time alignment rather than running your mouth. Judging from head unit choice, you dont really have an advanced active network setup in the first place to really tune to your car's acoustics. A proper tuned vehicle will sound good regardless of bluetooth/usb/cd but aux is the worse and requires a totally different tune due to the extreme loss of signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.