Single amp system 5 channel add a EQ yes or no

Participant count
  • Participant list
meh maybe depend on preout volts of each too.. if kenwood h 2 v and u get clarion ($65) or whatever with 7v then that alone will help amps.. what hu is it?, i have x301 has 3 5v preouts and all the eq i'll ever need has 13 band eq built in with car type, time alignment seating position, speakers size and position, mid high or low sound stage, bt, usb, XOVER OVERS FOR tweets, MIDS AND SUB, phone and text (reads text to u) comes with mircophone $119..........

Would it be worth it to add a EQ on a single amp systemKenwood head unit with front and rear outputs only

I have a 5 channel amp

I am running 2 fronts, 2 rear and a 12 in sub in a cargo van

Would I see any sound different using a EQ
Yes you will..A preamp EQ will give you all kinds of ability to clean up and tune in at your finger tips. I run one in every system Ive ever installed. Worth every penny in my opinion..In dash Preamp EQ

Thank you for the reply

I was not sure if it would work Because the 5 channel amp

instead of of a mono block

Did not think it would work effectively

Thanks for the help

My Kenwood head unit has 3 sets pre outs

It has high, mids, low adjustments, also preset Eq choices of music types also sub control

My concern had been that with only 1 amp system I have never used before [ 5 channel ] Rockville amp, 4 5x8 JBL;s and 12 in Kicker pro There would be no separation coming from the amp

I am installing it in a work cargo van, I have limited space in the cab area for extra equipment hence 5 channel amp

I have another system in my F 350 crew

Same Head unit

Kenwood, 4 5x8 infinity kappas , 2 6 x 9 JBL 2 8 inch JL audio , 2 rockville amps one 2 channel amp and one 4 channel and a fosgate mono block

The Kenwood works great for controlling the highs and mids

Thanks for the help My Kenwood head unit has 3 sets pre outs

It has high, mids, low adjustments, also preset Eq choices of music types also sub control

My concern had been that with only 1 amp system I have never used before [ 5 channel ] Rockville amp, 4 5x8 JBL;s and 12 in Kicker pro There would be no separation coming from the amp

I am installing it in a work cargo van, I have limited space in the cab area for extra equipment hence 5 channel amp

I have another system in my F 350 crew

Same Head unit

Kenwood, 4 5x8 infinity kappas , 2 6 x 9 JBL 2 8 inch JL audio , 2 rockville amps one 2 channel amp and one 4 channel and a fosgate mono block

The Kenwood works great for controlling the highs and mids
you should have 3 sets of rca preouts for 6 channels total? you wouldnt have seperation? im kinda confused here. 4 mids/highs for the 4 channels, and 1 sub for the sub channel.

worst case scenario (or best if you want to more functionality) just get a cheap 8ch dsp and you'll have much more than a simple EQ, although thats all you really need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.