Let me know what you think of this system for my 05 Galant

Participant count
  • Participant list

oneill584
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys, just got the 05 galant. System NEEDS to go. I really dont know much about systems and all that, so I've had a lot of help from the board. Let me know what you think of this setup.

Front Speakers-PHOENIX GOLD RSD-65CS RSD SERIES "6.5" 240 WATT COMPONENT CAR SPEAKERS (120 WATTS EACH)

Amp- Kicker zx350.2

Head- Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

I haven't looked into subs and an amp yet. But I'd like to stay under 450 for both. What do you guys think? Thanks a lot.

ditch the 6x9's and just run a set of comps up front...the rsd's would be fine with the right amount of power and proper install. And if you decide to get subs and a amp your going to want to have more than 350 to spend.

you don't really need rear speakers at all if your going to run a good comp set up front. You could leave the stock speakers in and run them off of the deck power if you feel the need for a bit of rear fill. There are tons of people that run only front speakers and are more than satisfied with the results.

you don't really need rear speakers at all if your going to run a good comp set up front. You could leave the stock speakers in and run them off of the deck power if you feel the need for a bit of rear fill. There are tons of people that run only front speakers and are more than satisfied with the results.
tru i run only front comps and a extra set of active tweets, i wouldnt miss the rear fill if it was there.

Gotcha gotcha... Also I had a concern about this head fitting... It says my car is type J, and this is dual 1. I'm not sure if this means it is compatible.

Allright I revamped everything. I'd like to stay under 900 for everything including installation and wiring kits.

With those 3 items, I'm at about 380 shipped. This leaves me with 520 for wiring kits, installation, subs and amp.

What can you guys recommend for this price range?

and as far as subs go what size do you want? 10, 12, 15? a single sub or two subs? ported or sealed?

You can get a boston G5 12" sub off ebay for about 200 and they don't need a whole lot of power to sound good. RMS is only like 460 watts or something like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.