• Participant list

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
2020 tahoe
Non amped
Using lc8i
Front doors and rear doors to lc8i
Front to main in, rears to channel 3
Stock hu, eq setting are all flat. When i went to measure my voltage at rca out at main channel on lc8i I can only get to 1.3 ish volts. Same goes for channel 3 out and channel 3 feeds channel 4 for sub out. How cannj boost my signal a little more? Idk why it would be so low. And turning the dials on the lc8i only raises it either a little bit. So I let them both sit at 1.1 volts... and tuned everything.

Also when i tuned my 4 channel and my sub amp I set the 4 channel with no overlap and the sub channel with zero overlap on dd1+ . Not sure of where to set it or how to actually know where it needs to be.

I feelnlike the system is lacking a bit but it does get down. My volts don't drop past 14.0 which I thought would be even less. So not sure if I tuned everything right. I have no clipping that I can see. Should I be trying to get a better voltage to amps? Redoing gain iverlaps?

Knowing what db the sine waves is pretty important. A -3db sine wave will cut output in half. Looks like the disc contains sine waves from 0 to -15db.
Yes it does. I always do my headunits at 0db with both 40hz and 1000hz. Then I would adjust the LC8 using the 0db. That way I could make sure that the headunit is sending a clean signal and getting the most out of the LC8

The cd obly uas 4 tracks. 2 of them are the 40 hz and 1k hz. Other 2 tracks are for overlap.. I think the test tones are recorded at 0 db.. and I can adjust the gain overlap.. sobi guess I tunes with 0 db sine wave and set everything to zero overlap or no gainnoverlap.. would that be why everything sounds "quiet"

I have 3 xv3 15s on a salt 8.. wired to 1.3 this should be still blowing me out my seat. But it sounds like it's lacking

Last edited:
That's the dd1
The dd1+ has only 4
Your CD should have these tracks

tracks.
I have the dd1+ , just got home. I think the dd1 has all those other tracks. Diff tool. So it says these are 0 db. So I tuned with a 0 db wave with zero and no overlap on both my amps.

Attachments

• 16799446093976462648511142317277.jpg
    16799446093976462648511142317277.jpg
    750.4 KB · Views: 17
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...