LC2i removal

Participant count
  • Participant list

Exoticbirdlover

NJ
this is probably a very simple question for you guys, I have a '13 Legacy that has the following from Hertz

HCP 5D

ES 300

ESK 165.5

ECX 165.5

LC2i & OEM headunit

I am replacing the head unit with a JVC KW-HDR81BT.

Since that initial setup was done for me professionally, I figured the hard parts are done and I'm going to try a basic unit swap by myself.

The only part that I'm confused about is the LC2i - the speaker input I believe is spliced from the factory harness and the unit is installed pretty firmly in place, which I plan to just leave it there. Here's my plan, please let me know if I'm wrong:

1) disconnect power from LC2i

2) connect RCA's from Bass output to the SW port of the JVC

3) ignore the speaker inputs / leave them in (unit will be off anyways)

4) disconnect the RCAs from the "main output" - I imagine these are from the front speakers given the location of the LC2i being right in front of my shifter.

Does the JVC actually need the RCA lineouts for the speakers, or is it all figured out in the factory harness ?

Thanks!

Easy leave the lc2i its just as good as a aftermarket head unit actually the line out signal is better than most its very clean and puts out 8-9v unless your speakers are on deck power and your stock head unit ***** the only thing you will gain is possible added features like usb

Disconnect the plugs from the lc2i(2) secure them.

I'll buy the lc2i from you if you have no use for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.