Last thread before purchase. 12"tc-9 custom vs 2 15 mach5 maws

Kold_Killa
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Okay okay... I realized I didn't want to drop 300 plus on one sub. I've narrowed my choices down to one of the tc-9 12s that teamquake is selling in the fs section, or order 2 mach 5 maws from ssa.

tc9 would roughly be 140 shipped

maws would be 214 shipped

These will be powered by a directed 1500d so 1300 watts to the tc9 and 650 a piece on each maw.

Either way I will be going ported.

I need it loud enough to make people say "that's pretty loud" but nothing ridiculous. It needs to sound good too. This is my last post before I order TOMORROW. I'm tired of no bump, I need to address the situation. Please all of you people out there, help me down the last stretch and let's get this sub/s ordered.

I shouldn't be adding this, but I think its a no-brainer. Aside from the fact you are looking at Mach 5 product, you are comparing 2 15's vs. 1 12". The 15's provide more than double the cone area, which means more air, which means more volume, which means happy faces. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Best,

Mark

Well, would the one twelve get loud enough?? or do you all think I would be disappointed with one twelves performance. The reason I ask is because I am thinking I want to put half of my backseat back in (in sections). The twelve would allow me to do this, but I think we all know that two 15s would love some volume, and if I had them, you better believe I will take the whole back of my truck up again.

I know that the 15s are pretty much a guarantee to be louder, but can that tc9 get loud enough? Leaning towards the 15s after these first two responses, keep em coming... ordering tonight around 9 central.

There is no way to be able to tell you if something would be "loud enough" for you.

For some people, a single 8" sealed is loud enough, for others, an 18" MT isn't enough.

TC9 is a great driver for SQ. Put it in about 2-2.5 cubes ported to 30-35 Hz and it should get plenty loud. Remember, this is going in a truck, so it shouldn't take much to get loud enough for you.

TC9 is a great driver for SQ. Put it in about 2-2.5 cubes ported to 30-35 Hz and it should get plenty loud. Remember, this is going in a truck, so it shouldn't take much to get loud enough for you.
Yea, I agree that it is going in to a truck so it shouldn't take to much considering it is right THERE. anyone know where any vids are of these tc9 in action?? ROE doesn't seem to have any, and only a little bit of luck on youtube.

For all you maw owners, how long before yours were "broken in"?

Still kind of stuck on which way to go... I think I may just end up flipping a coin.

Today after eating chinese both my brother and my fortune cookies had 15 as one of the numbers, coincidence idk..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.