Which of these budget subs are the best?

armstrong
10+ year member

lets poop together!
ohio
ok, I am looking for 2 12" subs that hit hard and sound good. i'm looking to spend about $200 on the two 12's and after a little research i've found these to be the best choices

memphis pr's

phoenix gold rsd

mach 5 maw

diamond d3

kicker comp vr

MAYBE i could find type r's also

which subs would be best suited for me?

D3 for SQ reasons

RSD for power handling, semi-sq, and all around sub.

(Opinion formed by reading many reviews, no personal experience)

I had a 12" MAW in a 4th order bandpass that I built. It sounded kinda fuzzy around the edges, but the low end was enormous for a sub of its price and stature. The CVRs are a good mix of SQ and SPL. Like cowboy said, the W1V2 is a good driver- it has pretty good SQ, and the output is alright. Memphis PRs are a good all-rounder, and I've heard the RSD is also.

I've owned 3 10" and 1 12" CVR's, a MAW-12, a 12W1V2-4, and heard a few installs with 12" PRs. For the most cost-benefit, go for the MAW... it's an amazing sub for the price. I'd say my next favorite is the CVR.

ok stop argueing about jl and stay on topic if you want to post in my thread. thanks.

oh and i've done searches and compiled all the good budget subs and i want to see what's the best out of them.

If you can some DB-500's they are a good quality driver for cheap.

The Mach 5 MAW's are supposed to be excellent drivers for cheap, and can be bought over at SoundSolutionsAudio.

CT

it's too hard of a decision. i keep hearing so many good things about all these subs. you guys really gotta sway me towards one sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.