Lanzar Subwoofers?

I really would like to get one 12 that comes somewhere close. I wanted to get L7's for my Saturn, because thats what I have in my Jeep. But I really don't have the space in my little trunk. The Saturn is a 2 door coupe, so you know the trunk is really small.

Ok, thanks for shining a different light on Lanzar. What are their subs oriented for? Like SPL or SQ?
More towards SPL performance from what I've dealt with and setup. A friend's Blazer currently has 2 12" Lanzar running off of a 1200D in 2.75 cu tuned to 35hz and can pull a 146 on a termlab in the kick. Not bad for under $100 per sub on eBay.

More towards SPL performance from what I've dealt with and setup. A friend's Blazer currently has 2 12" Lanzar running off of a 1200D in 2.75 cu tuned to 35hz and can pull a 146 on a termlab in the kick. Not bad for under $100 per sub on eBay.
they sound like sh!t. we even had a pyle that sounded better than the lanzars.

Well perhaps you are one who can actually tell audible differences in quality output. Most people can't and just claim they do when they see brand logos.
i have 7 brother in laws who always have had cheap car audio. we live within walking distance of the flea market. the optidrive amps aren't half bad from lanzar. haven't found a decent sub yet.

Ok, so i'm staying away from lanzar. I just honestly want to get some good bump for a daily driver. I'm looking at Type R's, but every dealer in Charleston has something bad to say about them. I just don't know what to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Ok, so i'm staying away from lanzar. I just honestly want to get some good bump for a daily driver. I'm looking at Type R's, but every dealer in Charleston has something bad to say about them. I just don't know what to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
type r's aren't bad. look in my sig., it's what i run. got 2 for 180$ new. pretty frickin' good as far as i'm concerned.

bg...how big is the box and what is the rms on the mx? You should let me come through and hear it sometime. But, yea definately get back at me and we can talk.

the box is 2 cubes at 32hz.......the rms is like 1500 on it...i don't have an amp right now..the sold the xx-zeus and bought one of those modified v4000xd amps, but it got damaged durrin shippin so i had to file a claim with usps an all that other bs....i'm off today if you wanna check it out..i'll take it out tha box so you can see tha whole if u want...

Lanzar isn't the worst woofer in the world. If you stay away from the Max series and the basic Heritage series anyways. If you get an Opti or a Heritage-DC you will be happy with it.

As for other subs to look at. The Type-AAARRGGH is a pretty forgiving sub. It will sound decent in pretty much any box you throw it in. If you want to pound, you can also look at DD. For new subs though, I'm still partial to Kicker. Especially for SPL, the L7 would be a good buy.

And since it's going in the trunk of a car, you more than likely won't notice much of a difference between the SQ of a Type-R and a Lanzar HTGDC or Opti sub. But with $350 to spend on a sub....even though I am partial to Lanzar, I would be looking elsewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.