Lanzar Opti250X4 vs Zed Audio Dreadnought........Sundown 200.4D

I don't know if you made you decision or not, but the OPTI250X4 is one of the best 4 channel amplifiers you will ever come in contact with. I have ran the amp for a couple of year, and the sound quality you receive from it is incredible for a cheaper amp. The down fall is, you will not get away with less than 2ohms per channel, it won't even do 1.8 per channel, at first it will be fine, then after about 20 minutes of driving with it loud, it will thermal protect, and like any opti amp, their thermal protect *****, you can fry an egg on it before it shuts down. But, with all this being said, it's only published down to 2 ohms, and is extremely powerful, that amp will do 2000wrms. It is def class A/B, but if SQ is your goal at a loud volume, once you use the opti250x4 the way it's supposed to be ran, it's a hard amp to beat. Anything you want to know about this amp spec wise let me know

I used to have a Lanzar 700x2 running my mids. Was an absolute beast of an amp. If youre going to run bridged, Id say just go with the 2ch.

The Lanzars (the ones in question, not their flea market garbage) are very high quality amps. I ran the 700x2 at around 1ohm stereo without any complaint from the amplifier. Im sure the 250x4 is just as high of quality.

I have a zxi150.4 which is a lot similar to a mb150, and doesn't get hot like that. I think might have an underlying issue if its getting that hot. I demo'd all day, two days strait for scrapin the coast. 100+ temp, no issues

Personally I'd get the zed, bad *** power. Clean power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.