No one buy this amp!

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Clarion XR2410 400W, XR Series 4-Channel Amplifier

I dont know how it got this many 5 star ratings but its a P.O.S.. I have it powering 4 hifonics 6x8's and running off a jvc arsenal HU. Only sounds clean at low volumes and doesnt get loud AT ALL. Mabey as loud as the speakers got running off my HU. When i do turn it up loud half way through the song the sound gets like.. muffled and i have to turn it down. IDK why. I set gains and xovers properly too. Probably gona sell it and run the speakers from the HU.

The saying is "to no avail" which means the changes u made were to no benefit.

Anyway, this doesn't seem right. What are your speakers impedance reading? Doing 2 sets of rcas back?

well your only getting 60w rms to each speaker, I run my highs well over double there rated power to make sure I get a nice strong sound at high levels, you may just be underpowered try just the fronts and bridge the amp down to two channels at least you will know if the speakers need more power.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Are you usin the headunit crossover and the amp crossover at the same time?
what would that do I cascade x-overs and never had a problem?

well your only getting 60w rms to each speaker, I run my highs well over double there rated power to make sure I get a nice strong sound at high levels, you may just be underpowered try just the fronts and bridge the amp down to two channels at least you will know if the speakers need more power.
Thats actually how i have it running atm. Doesnt seem to sound any different tho.

Just donate the amp to me and I'll give it a good home. After all, it's a Clarion.
I'll see you donation and offer to reimburse him shipping to me to properly dispose of that amplifier for him. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stay_high

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
stay_high
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date