L7 Question?

I posted this somewhere else but didn't really get any answers and I wanna find out asap. Sorry if this is the wrong section. Anyways.

A friend of mine told me that he had a Amp & a L7 that I could have, he said that the L7 & amp have been sitting in his closet for over a year so I just had to buy a box for it and some wires. So I bought a box, a capacitor and some FatMat. Anyways, I got it all hooked up and **** and It worked perfectly for two or three days, then when I was on the way to work the other day it just stopped working. I figured wires came loose inside the box or something. So my friend that hooked it up looked at it to see and then noticed that the L7's cone is locked. You can't push on it or anything. The amp & cap still work and sometimes it will sound as if the L7 will wanna work but then the light on the amp will go out and back on. Anyways, I don't really know **** about this stuff & I know most of you will, but does that mean its blown? Should I just throw it away now? What should I do with this thing? Any Help would be appreciated.

Heres some pictures

Amp: (KX600.1)

View attachment 26543248

Capacitor: (Lanzar VCAP1200 Vector 12 Farad, 16 Volt Hybrid Capacitor)

View attachment 26543247

12" L7 Kicker (Not sure what kind)

View attachment 26543249

Is there any thing I can do with it? I think I heard of Kicker taking them and giving you a discount off a new one or something. Not too sure though. Also can anyone tell me what kind of kicker that was? I know its an old one.

In my opinion, if that sub is fried, which I think it is, I will go ahead and buy another brand like FI audio sub or something similar, I used to have kicker 15 l7's, and im glad I switched, now I get cleaner and louder bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.